Has anybody put a narrowing kit on an HCR?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If so how did it turn out?

So one of our group lives in Thunder Bay. And he comes riding with us 1 maybe twice a year.
Past couple years he was borrowing a 2012?? Doo (not sure the exact year). But he doesn't care for the T motion.

The guy that owns that doo may be selling it. So Devin asked if he could run my 2015 HCR. Yeah sure no problem.
He asked if he paid for a narrowing kit if I would put it on.
I guess. Why not?

So the questions are.
What is out there for kits?
What's all involved? Sounds like A-arms, shocks and spindles?

Is it really worth all the work and cash to be 4" narrower?

Thanks for any input/advise on this.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s definitely an improvement. Should be able to source some used kits. A arms, tie rods, spindles, shocks(shorten). There’s OEM, Skinz, SSI/BDX are the most common out there I’ve seen. Range around $400 and up.

dwight3566

Reaction score
If your gonna do it spent the money and put the 2016 36" kit on it, it will be twice the machine. Kit comes complete for around $800, only thing you need to do is take your shocks in and get the spacer installed. Kit bolts on in less than an hour.

Reactions: RXN

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with it being a hcr you cant just install the spacer as the hcr is a 40" front end and the kit is made to convert the 38". the hcr shocks cant go short enough. there is lots of take off or part out should be able to get the kit and shocks for 6-700 bucks i am sure

Top Bottom