Handlebar height...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had that problem with the guard and two weeks ago hit a tree so hard it rotated the finger throttle and guard straight up and down pointing up and grenaded my turbo vent grill on my turbo Doo.
Kinda unrelated, but may be good to know. If your ordering a new turbo hood, I suggest ordering grey or yellow (then have it painted if you want a different color. Paint at fix-it auto = $200). they are listed at $199.00. The 2022 matt black or 2021 shiny black are $599.00

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my doo xm 174 t3 I was running the adjustable doo riser maxxed height all the time - last season I put the c3 post fwd kit in it and a munster 4" riser with cfr 2.0 bars and I love it - except now because my sled is so front heavy when I roll her over in any kinda hard snow the post bends - just recently cut the post open and inserted a stiffener in the post and welded her back together - we will see where the weakest link is now - if I could run narrower bars it probably wouldn't get nuked but I'm 6'2" 240lbs - just put a new top end in er can't wait to go out and try to blow the dirty banana up again

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my doo xm 174 t3 I was running the adjustable doo riser maxxed height all the time - last season I put the c3 post fwd kit in it and a munster 4" riser with cfr 2.0 bars and I love it - except now because my sled is so front heavy when I roll her over in any kinda hard snow the post bends - just recently cut the post open and inserted a stiffener in the post and welded her back together - we will see where the weakest link is now - if I could run narrower bars it probably wouldn't get nuked but I'm 6'2" 240lbs - just put a new top end in er can't wait to go out and try to blow the dirty banana up again
You might wanna inquire with C3 about their post bending too easy. I had an issue with one from them, turned out they missed a step in manufacturing it, and it was as limp as a wet noodle

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking I might need to go back to the adjustable riser again. Loved the stock height of the bars going up and down the trail as I am 6'3" tall but I seemed to be an even more terrible rider in the deep stuff when we got to the play areas. I dunno maybe it was the new sled but I think the lower bars help in that instance.

Kicking myself for not keeping the adjustable riser from my last sled! IDIOT!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of 3" risers and CFR Boondocker bars on my G4 when I bought it last year, they were a bit too short for me (5'10") and had me leaning over quite a bit so I went back to the stock setup which was way better but just a tad high. I prefer my bars to be right there when I'm standing and not having to lean over so I will probably go to the 4"+ risers.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might wanna inquire with C3 about their post bending too easy. I had an issue with one from them, turned out they missed a step in manufacturing it, and it was as limp as a wet noodle
Good to know thx - I am on my second post now - 1st one was a 15ft drop at Chappell onto the bedrock - this time was from just rolling it over in the harder snow so maybe I got one built on payday friday

Top Bottom