Handguns

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Glock fans here ?
I am.. great bang for buck but last time I mentioned it here it wasn't taken kindly.. there is many more that are better CZ is a top choice IMO but I can have 2 glocks for the same price. Say.. a 22 and a 9mm? Once you start shooting a lot you will realize that training with a 22 is way cheaper and remarkably similar.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Sig P226 Navy Edition. Been a solid gun and super reliable. Pricey though

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Glock 17 gen 4, Sig P226 and a Browning 1911 .22.
All fun guns to shoot.
I think you will like the Beretta.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 40 cal is a Springfield XD. Nice gun also

Burns

Reaction score
Own a Walther PDP 9mm and a Taurus TX22 22LR.

The Walther is great to shoot. Accurate out of the box and felt like a natural fit as soon as I picked it up. The Taurus is a full size - feels like a 9mm great for training. Love them both but definitely shoot more of the .22 at the range for training, plus the kids love shooting the .22 as well.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to join a gun club as well, since I live out around the Beach Corner area, I joined the Wabamun Gun Club, Had to inquire as I don't know how to get range privilege's, You cannot purchase a handgun until I am part of a gun club so I have some where to target shoot. Then I can only go from my house to the range, no where else.
Did you get your range access worked out?
Stony fish and game website says range add on is only available to previous members with membership in good standing.
Do you need to wait a year to get on the range.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is something about a 1911....
Agreed. Maybe it's because of all the movies I've seen but they are cool to shoot lol. I've got a cheap Norinco A1 knockoff, all I think about when shooting it is how much it would hurt to get smacked across the head with one. It is a formidable weapon even when empty.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Did you get your range access worked out?
Stony fish and game website says range add on is only available to previous members with membership in good standing.
Do you need to wait a year to get on the range.
Yes, found that out, tried to contact the vice president by email but no response. Ended up joining Phoenix range.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a glock 17c 9mm and I really like shooting it. It has a ported barrel that is supposed to help with recoil. I don’t know if it helps but it does shoot fire out the top.
IMG_1664.png

Picked it up used a few years ago for $600. If I was into competitions I would have a CZ Shadow.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well I have two handguns that I'm zeroing in on,

1) Beretta 92A1 Pistol ~ $ 1019

2) Beretta 92FS Inox Pistol ~ $ 1259

Does any one here have one of these or recommend one over the other.

Went to orientation today at the Wabamun Gun Range, so time to get something and start target shooting. Also have a indoor membership at Phoenix Range.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Went to orientation today at the Wabamun Gun Range, so time to get something and start target shooting. Also have a indoor membership at Phoenix Range.

Are those two pretty much the same only one is silver and one is all black? Besides the 1911, you have picked the best and nicest looking in either the black or silver. IMO, I like the silver.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Are those two pretty much the same only one is silver and one is all black? Besides the 1911, you have picked the best and nicest looking in either the black or silver. IMO, I like the silver.
I like the silver as well. Think I’ll pay for it tomorrow and then have to leave it there till rcmp release the firearm. Can’t find that one anywhere else but cabellas. May be $100 more than other places but no availability.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
putting my Shadow 2 through it's paces. My Cz's have never let me down.
I was gonna go for my black badge just before the pandemic, held off thankfully as I assumed events wouldn’t be happening. Still on my list of things to do 👍🏻

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the silver as well. Think I’ll pay for it tomorrow and then have to leave it there till rcmp release the firearm. Can’t find that one anywhere else but cabellas. May be $100 more than other places but no availability.

I'm jealous...!, let me know how she shoots!!! Now roll your own ammo for er and you will have it made. Do you plan on shooting it a ton, as in lots of rounds a month?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm jealous...!, let me know how she shoots!!! Now roll your own ammo for er and you will have it made. Do you plan on shooting it a ton, as in lots of rounds a month?
Not sure, if its fun and gets the mind off all this other crap going on I'll be glad to go often. When I was in the course the instructor gave me a name of a retired cop in Calgary that makes ammo. I will touch base with him as his prices were decent and he made accurate ammo.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good deal Ron!
I have a Taurus 92. Made by Beretta but a cheaper version. Nice gun to shoot.
Glad you got one and hope you are enjoying it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom