Hairline cracks around clickers on primary

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced hairline cracks around the clickers on the primary? Sled is a 08 summit X. Just noticed today while i had to rope start the sled. How long do i have before it blows into pieces? Should i be replacing the outside shieves before i ride again?

Thanks for the help in advance.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just casting flash?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there are cracks around the clickers there may also be cracks around the center near the bushing or on the moveable half.

Have you pulled the clutch apart to inspect further?

I've got my buddies moveable shieve that is full of cracks sitting in my garage right now.

Pull it off, clean it up and inspect further.

I would be replacing any portion of the clutch with a crack.

If possible take a few photos of it and post.

whickey

Reaction score
I would agree. If there is cracks I will change it out for sure. I think it would do a hell of a mess if it blew up on you.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i should have been a little clearer.. they definelty are REAL cracks. I'll post some pics when it gets lighter out for you guys to give a further opinion.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess i should have been a little clearer.. they definelty are REAL cracks. I'll post some pics when it gets lighter out for you guys to give a further opinion.

If they are real cracks i dont think you have any choice but to replace it

lagrek

Reaction score
The cracks are real??? REPLACE it . I have had a clutch blow apart .Destroyed the guard , hood, and the roof of my parents garage, belt as well of course.....not to mention it could instantly kill you....replace replace replace....

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics

Looks really chitty, don't know how i didnt see these when i bought the sled.. :confused:

Each picture is of a different clicker.. :(

(sorry for the bad quality its off my blackberry)

Attachments

• clutch 1.jpg
    clutch 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 182
  • clutch 2.jpg
    clutch 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 183
  • clutch 3.jpg
    clutch 3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 182

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow......... Those are cracks.......... Replace it........ Take it apart and see if there's other problems inside.... Is there warranty on the sled yet??? I would look into warranty first

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone was hammering on it in that area. No reason to crack there, low stress spots.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no warranty left on the sled as its an 08. Bought it used. All internals are new though:confused:. Think i just found the reason it was being sold. OH well.

Anybody have a lead on where i can get the outside part of the primary? Or has a doo primary sitting around? Not exactly sure what primary this is?

If any one could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, i can remove the movable half by removing the bolt and giving it a little whack with a mallet? Dont have a shop or many tools here in vernon..

thanks again you guys are a big help.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So its the movable half or a TRA primary that i need? or am i mistaken?

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw somewhere on the net (utube?) someone had a brainstorm to remove the clutch by pulling the bolt and reving er up lol perhaps this is the result or perhaps they got really csrried away tighting the clicker nuts cause that sure is an odd crack. Definately wouldnt run it like that. There a recent belt thread in doo section with a link to a place where they sell all the oem parts...just use their diagrams and drill down to part number to see the price...on my phone or would post the link. Doo has the same thing but no prices just google "skidoo parts" and the link to brp web page should be first on tbe list. Good luck.

Top Bottom