Gun control, it's coming...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fail to see how appointing a CFO in Alberta is a advantage at the moment, we still have the RCMP and she will have to still enforce federal legislation.
Other provinces have their own CFO like Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI and New Brunswick.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fail to see how appointing a CFO in Alberta is a advantage at the moment, we still have the RCMP and she will have to still enforce federal legislation.
Other provinces have their own CFO like Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI and New Brunswick.
Thats where the next part lies Matt. His plan for a provincial police force. That then leaves enforcement to a provincial run police force. The feds would be out for daily policing. The RCMP have one thing going for them. History. They are under funded, expensive and slow to act to crime and are not suited for the type of policing we need.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The police in any province report to the provincial solicitor general Or justice minister. They along with cabinet determine priorities for the justice system, and can direct crown prosecutors to concentrate on certain issues, and not concentrate on others. If the police know the crown prosecutors aren’t interested in prosecuting certain things, they use their allowable powers of discretion to not pursue minor offences. So hopefully, unless you do something really stupid or grossly criminal or are a gang member etc, the police won’t be too interested in a responsible firearms owner. The CFO issues things like the ATT for their province, so I’m hoping that will change in Alberta.
The feds can enforce federal laws directly, but would find it difficult to do without provincial cooperation as the feds don’t have any holding facilities, criminal transport people, and few courts that aren’t in provincial facilities. It just takes balls from the Kenney government to buck the feds. Time will tell if they do.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied this from a buddy. Made me laugh.

Seriously people.

Enough debates. Just go out and get it already. It protects you, your family and everyone in the community. It's been scientifically, mathematically and statistically proven to make everyone safer. The communities that got them are overwhelmingly safer. The chances of side effects or accidents are so unbelievably small that it's completely absurd to not get one already. Quit being selfish, quit arguing online and go purchase a firearm.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Copied this from a buddy. Made me laugh.

Seriously people.

Enough debates. Just go out and get it already. It protects you, your family and everyone in the community. It's been scientifically, mathematically and statistically proven to make everyone safer. The communities that got them are overwhelmingly safer. The chances of side effects or accidents are so unbelievably small that it's completely absurd to not get one already. Quit being selfish, quit arguing online and go purchase a firearm.
Better yet buy one from a gang banger and have more rights and treatment is better!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The liberal left media is at it again. CTV and CBC are reporting that O'Toole is flip flopping on banning assault weapons. In fact what he is doing is supporting to continue the ban on true assault weapons from 40 years ago. He still plans to repeal the OIC gun ban the Trudeau Liberals implemented May 2020. Todays military would not take todays semi auto, 5 round plinkers to war. They are not assault weapons.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you listen to the ccfr podcast, Tracy Willson explains that the tool was using the liberals play on words. He plans on keeping the “assault weapons ban”(from the 70s), not the “ assault style weapons ban” (oic).

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This morning CTV's Question Period show had the recent gun controversy as one of the program subjects. I was pumped when I saw one of the panel members was Michele Rempel Garner. Sadly she was asked point blank to explain the parties position on all the controversy about O'Tooles remarks about the supposed assault weapons. She completely botched the answer by pussy footing around it then blurted out that the Liberals were targeting air soft guns. As herself a legal gun owner, that was the best she had? She has always done a great job of conveying her opinion but obviously had a bad day and on a national program to boot when so many people are tuned in to get election news. The informed gun lobby needs to educate not only the anti gunners but our elected officials as well. Even the CCFR's lawyers were shocked how ill informed Trudeau's lawyers were on current gun legislation in the ongoing legal court action.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This morning CTV's Question Period show had the recent gun controversy as one of the program subjects. I was pumped when I saw one of the panel members was Michele Rempel Garner. Sadly she was asked point blank to explain the parties position on all the controversy about O'Tooles remarks about the supposed assault weapons. She completely botched the answer by pussy footing around it then blurted out that the Liberals were targeting air soft guns. As herself a legal gun owner, that was the best she had? She has always done a great job of conveying her opinion but obviously had a bad day and on a national program to boot when so many people are tuned in to get election news. The informed gun lobby needs to educate not only the anti gunners but our elected officials as well. Even the CCFR's lawyers were shocked how ill informed Trudeau's lawyers were on current gun legislation in the ongoing legal court action.
They have to sidestep and baffle the media with doublespeak until the election is over. The issue is too complex to cover in a 30 second sound bite and the media will twist anything said into a negative for the conservatives. We’re starting to see the media following the orders from the liberals and they’re starting to target the conservatives using disinformation.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have to sidestep and baffle the media with doublespeak until the election is over. The issue is too complex to cover in a 30 second sound bite and the media will twist anything said into a negative for the conservatives. We’re starting to see the media following the orders from the liberals and they’re starting to target the conservatives using disinformation.
Yeah just hated seeing the Liberal MP respond to her comments immediately after and take her to school. You could see Michele knew she screwed up and the Liberal had a smirk on her face for the rest of the session.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah just hated seeing the Liberal MP respond to her comments immediately after and take her to school. You could see Michele knew she screwed up and the Liberal had a smirk on her face for the rest of the session.
She’s usually smarter than that. Probably trying to follow the party talking points without pissing off the gun lobby. The media is concentrating on the gun issue because they have nothing else. In a day or two they’ll move on to something else when it doesn’t get any traction.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Starting?, where have you been for the last 5 years. I'm glad you caught on, better late than never lol.

Last edited:

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I read this properly? O’Tool will not relinquish the 2020 semi auto ban???

Top Bottom