Golden triangle

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
Well we are approaching another season and i am looking forward to more time on the golden triangle as i would like to do this in one day, just for the experience of it plus the time and time that it has been attempted and failed .But its been fun trying lol .LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER SEASON OF FUN RIDE SAFE RIDE SMART.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only ever completed one leg, Whitecourt to Fox Creek.
Got lost trying to do Whitecourt to Swan, same thing when I tried Swan to Fox, get intoi the sections where thier logging and lose the trail all togerther.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep even with the map and gps unless you know the trail it can be tough to follow. I have tried and can never stay on it.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Three towns have gotten together again and have added some money to get the trail up and running again. Only players missing from this tourism opportunity is SRD (government) and industry. Snowmobile clubs open trails and no one in the government is dealing with trails so when industry want to use a cutline or clearcut a area the trails get missed on the radar and industry takes them out not knowing what they are or care to find out who is operating them. Many times cat operators have wiped out a section of trail by not knowing or caring to ask. Very sensitive topic with snowmobile clubs in this area. Thats how gaps are formed in the trail which confuses riders and gets them lost or behind on time.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not to tuff usually whitecourt to swan but all that pipeline work last year and the year before really has made it more difficult. Have done Whitecourt to Swan Hills and also done Whitecourt to Fox Creek but never Swan to Fox, would like to try one day

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but I'm a new rider, where exactly is this are

Edit. Just saw you post. Thx.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last March there were about 12 guys went out and did the Triangle in one day, was a quick fast ride from what I was told.Said it was marked fairly well all the way. Last time I did the Triangle was back in 1998. Bout 8 of us would do one leg a day and motel it. That way it gives you lots of time to explore other cutlines and such.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya if there is no hiccups and no exploring done it can be fast and done in a day no problem. Four years ago or so me and a buddy did whitecourt to fox and back in under 6 hours. Got fuel in Fox and had two quick beer breaks along the way.

Last March there were about 12 guys went out and did the Triangle in one day, was a quick fast ride from what I was told.Said it was marked fairly well all the way. Last time I did the Triangle was back in 1998. Bout 8 of us would do one leg a day and motel it. That way it gives you lots of time to explore other cutlines and such.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us from Whitecourt did it in 10 hours. Trail was all groomed and mostly had about 4" of fresh snow.
We have done a lot of work on the Whitecourt portion and so have the other clubs. Maybe time for people to
give it a try this winter. I have it crossed off my bucket list!

More info. @ www.thegoldentriangle.ca

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but I'm a new rider, where exactly is this are

Edit. Just saw you post. Thx.

Central Alberta. Whitecourt is about 2 hours North of Edmonton, Fox Creek and Swan Hills are both around 3hours north of Edmonton.

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
I have been from the centre of AB to Swan Hills then to Fox Creek and return about 8 times in the the last 4 years looking forward to the trip again soon .

Top Bottom