Going West-What to pack?

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First post Thanks. I've been to Valemont 4 yrs ago. I have a 08 Summit 800-154. I have a dual elevation kit. Have HMK backpack w/probe shovel/hydration and use of a beacon,first aid kit. Just ordered a Scott suit/Shell with liner's and snowcross helmet/goggles + gloves. Have Doo gas can. What else is there that I might require?:rolleyes:

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant:If i was on DooTalk I would have had lot's of replies by now! What are you afraid of a FLATLANDER kicking you buttock's? Oh, I see now. I did not vote for PM Harper. Hey I used to live in Hinton Alta! If I win the lottery I will move west! But untill then I guess I just be a flatlander. Hey I got a Summit,does that not count for something?:beer:

W

woodies

holy somebodies hotheaded! read up on the avi dangers and what to stay away from right now.otherwise good to go,bring tow rope and fire starter in case! happy now(lol)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
:rant:If i was on DooTalk I would have had lot's of replies by now! What are you afraid of a FLATLANDER kicking you buttock's? Oh, I see now. I did not vote for PM Harper. Hey I used to live in Hinton Alta! If I win the lottery I will move west! But untill then I guess I just be a flatlander. Hey I got a Summit,does that not count for something?:beer:

What are you leaving RIGHT now????
:rolleyes:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good thing you're just joking, otherwise you'd just get ignored. :rolleyes: LOL

Bucky

Reaction score
Might wanna try reposting in snowmobile chat to get a better response:d

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also wait more than 40min!! The rednecks from the West that use this site type sloooooowwwwwww!

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First post Thanks. I've been to Valemont 4 yrs ago. I have a 08 Summit 800-154. I have a dual elevation kit. Have HMK backpack w/probe shovel/hydration and use of a beacon,first aid kit. Just ordered a Scott suit/Shell with liner's and snowcross helmet/goggles + gloves. Have Doo gas can. What else is there that I might require?:rolleyes:

snobunjie:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Might want to invest in some Patience for Frick sake! folks here have jobs, can't hang out on the net all day. (well except for sledbunny racing and summitric):d:d
Microfiber and fleece inner and mid layers, No cotton or you will be damp.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe this guy is getting the chit booted of him, looks good on him. We do not have any snow here it has been a chinook since christmas. try back in the fall..:)

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)Good Morning and thanks for the info. I'm not hotheaded just trying to rouse things up a bit, work's eh? Snow bunjee,micro fleece and fire starter,tow straps,o.k. I guess gatorade in hydration pack. Tech tip for fire starter is cotton balls soaked in vasiline. Just toss 'em in a ziploc bag. What do you think temp's will be in 2nd week Feb? Have leather's but find too heavy. Maybee I will bring both. Don't have to tell wify how much the cost is as she is giving me $3000 to go. Hmm? This is after hearing about the terrible accident's. There might be an motive here! Better have a talk with her! :thumbsup2:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just going to pretend I dont know you. Har-Har!! Id reccomend you bring attitude but I see you already have lots!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a buddy that is 60 years old and one thing he brings all the time is a Tampon, I am seriuos this is to start a fire dip it in the gas tank, I tell when he showed taht trick it was a hell of an idea, small & will light with out blowing your face off. You all may laugh but try it. I carry them now because they are small and work everytime.

actually the gauze roll works just the same ....good tip though:beer:

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another Question. Why does my HMK probe have 13'' sections? I would think 12'' would be easier to gauge depth. Hopefully I will only need it for jousting:d

Top Bottom