Goggles with Glasses?

earlskies

Reaction score
What do you guys find to be most effective for sledding with prescription glasses? I can't wear contacts due to dry eyes and find goggle brands made for going over glasses extremely limited. What's your go-to?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prescription inserts for goggles - most glasses shops can get em or online - they are spring loaded top and bottom kinda click in - only work good in certain goggles and they can fog up easier because they are closer to the face

earlskies

Reaction score
The prescription inserts for goggles - most glasses shops can get em or online - they are spring loaded top and bottom kinda click in - only work good in certain goggles and they can fog up easier because they are closer to the face
I've looked at those online and I am leaning towards trying them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How do they work any better than a good pair of goggles over the glasses?

I’ve used heated goggles over my glasses and they are my best setup yet.
Moisture control AKA sweating also helps lots.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they work any better than a good pair of goggles over the glasses?

I’ve used heated goggles over my glasses and they are my best setup yet.
Moisture control AKA sweating also helps lots.
I prefer the clip in style compared to wearing glasses behind goggles - but if you don't have the right goggles they will fall out and u will lose them - In my opinion they are the best option for people that don't do contacts and wanna shred the endless pow

earlskies

Reaction score
I prefer the clip in style compared to wearing glasses behind goggles - but if you don't have the right goggles they will fall out and u will lose them - In my opinion they are the best option for people that don't do contacts and wanna shred the endless pow
That’s exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cool, what’s the right goggle In your opinion???
Have you done some trial and error?

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the clip in glasses for goggles as well. Work good but can fog/ice up depending on weather. I normally have spair googles in pack and sled glove box over and above ones on helmet. Some days you have to change googles out. Carry the lense wipes as well and micro fiber cloth.

Have 100%, spy, 509, goggles and clip in fit fine in all of them for me. Going to a klim goggle this season to fit helmet better with others as back up.

Heated googles would work well for probably not having to carry spare googles for ice up/fog but have not tried a set.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, what’s the right goggle In your opinion???
Have you done some trial and error?
Some of the old school 509's fit good - zeals fit pretty good - I would recommend getting a set then take them with u goggle shopping

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these arent cheap but after years of searching these are the best i have found. The frame pulls away so that its completly open around the entire goggle. no that makes them not great for in the deep powder but you close them for then. my pair isnt even the OTG model just the regular one and the work the best. i might have to get the dedicated OTG cause im sure they are better.

Julbo Goggles

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bringing this old thread back to life.

I got new glasses this fall and now my goggles don't fit over them, pulls my glasses into my face, doesn't seal properly goggles fog, glasses fog, I get frustrated and hate my day.

Looking to see what people have found to the 'largest' size over the glasses goggles and what's recommended. I'd like to try some heated ones but the price tag on them scares me a bit!

earlskies

Reaction score
Bringing this old thread back to life.

I got new glasses this fall and now my goggles don't fit over them, pulls my glasses into my face, doesn't seal properly goggles fog, glasses fog, I get frustrated and hate my day.

Looking to see what people have found to the 'largest' size over the glasses goggles and what's recommended. I'd like to try some heated ones but the price tag on them scares me a bit!
I’ve had great luck with the 509 heated. Scott makes a pair of OTGs that seem to fit well. Also use the anti fog wipes. Once I’ve found a system that works I generally don’t fog. Also I have the Klim edge goggles. It’s a tight fit for my glasses but I can wedge the glasses into the goggles prior to putting them on and that seems to work

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use Scott’s anti fog wipes on your glasses every day with a good pair of goggles. The Oakley lineminer is the non heated version of the inferno.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used these for the last 7 years as long as they work with your prescription. Simple and easy, can change between goggles.

I have some for dirt biking and Quading they work great!

Top Bottom