Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not looking great.....But hard to say.

Last edited:

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Win as a team, lose as a team !!!!!!!!!!!! Can't come out finally skating in the third and expect victory :(.........................gawd that's the hockey mom coming out !!!

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Win as a team, lose as a team !!!!!!!!!!!! Can't come out finally skating in the third and expect victory :(.........................gawd that's the hockey mom coming out !!!

they sure made it exciting though. 4 goals in 5min!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They said on the news this morning that the 50/50 was still unclaimed so check your tickets. It is $128,000. If unclaimed by tomorrow at 4pm it will be added to the 50/50 for the gold medal game they said.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give them full marks, we lost our cool and that cost us the game...............We were out coached big time....................

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give them full marks, we lost our cool and that cost us the game...............We were out coached big time....................

I have to disagree with the out coached part.. Canada did start to play undisiplined which did cost them in the end. I did sort of see this comming in the round robin games, Canada would play a good first, get a huge lead then sit on it against weaker teams start to toss the puck around and not look good. Then they would pick it up somewhat in the third. But no other team would be able to catch up that fast because Canada would be able to shut them down fast. Just look at the New years eve game against the USA, they shoot out to a 3-0 lead in the first, sit back a little bit in the second and then in third they were on their heels as the US made a charge back and was able to hold them off. You cannot do that against a Russia or Sweden team they will eat you alive...

The boys did put on a great 3 period and the best of luck in the Bronze medal game..

J/S my 2cents.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it not up to the coach to "calm "them down though........................

ummm, yes it is.....

would have to disagree with the out coached comment too. Canada was very well coached. That being said disiplin was a huge issue. Had this been a CHL game some of the calls may have gone the other way, thats some of the difficulties with the international game. None the less Russia came out firing and played hard taking advantage of opertunities that Canada gave up.

Tough loss but no use harping on a bunch of kids.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it not up to the coach to "calm "them down though........................

Don't hate me.........................but I will have to disagree. When the ice is being cleaned between periods, that's what the coaches do, get the team to the dressing room for a pep talk, stratagize...........etc. But as said earlier, it's a win as a team and lose as a team....Had they came out like fire as in other games they wouldn't have been down 6-1 in the first place....Murry was crap in defence yesterday which didn't help matters......................................and from what I heard on the Radio the taunting during the Canadian National Anthem from the Russia team was nasty !!! Which I'm sure didn't help matters......and the words they were firing at the Canadian Fans after was nasty. Very unsportsman like !!!! I hope they lose in the Gold round !!!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone posted above this isnt the WHL, OHL, ect, their are alot of different rules in international play, and now those that are returning next year will know what to expect, Canada didnt play bad hockey, they played very undiciplined hockey against a team that specializes in making the other team pay for their mistakes. In all 4 games they took needless penalties, that could have been very costly, however they were playing far in-superior teams, had the game been another 5 min longer i think it would have been a different story.... Remember Russia also had the best goaltender in the tourney, and our boys were able to chase him in the third. Not a gold medal but an imense experience for the young lads that will go a very long way in their career developement. Just my 2 cents..

Top Bottom