General discourse on public forums

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As with everything social media, I have found that online forums have made a default turn towards the negative. Blasting before helping, criticizing before congratulating.

I struggle often with keeping an open mind, looking for the good in things, and not falling into the dark hole of negativity.

I actively encourage parody and fun banter, but when it tends to be the default, it isn't fun anymore.

Today is a beautiful sunny morning in Edmonton, and I would like to offer the following to everyone:

"You can't make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable.”
— Deepak Chopra

Have a great day!

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As with everything social media, I have found that online forums have made a default turn towards the negative. Blasting before helping, criticizing before congratulating.

I struggle often with keeping an open mind, looking for the good in things, and not falling into the dark hole of negativity.

I actively encourage parody and fun banter, but when it tends to be the default, it isn't fun anymore.

Today is a beautiful sunny morning in Edmonton, and I would like to offer the following to everyone:

"You can't make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable.”
— Deepak Chopra

Have a great day!

Jason

I would suggest this to you:

You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

Or in this case the forum.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the most powerful draws to this community, for me, is the brotherhood and sisterhood when I'm together with you folks!

Standing at the top of a mountain gazing over some of the most beautiful scenery there is.

Riding through a trail in a valley surrounded by trees.

These places are not accessible for me by hiking or walking.

This is what I remember, this is what's important to me.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Here, here,

Jason.jpg

One of the most powerful draws to this community, for me, is the brotherhood and sisterhood when I'm together with you folks!

Standing at the top of a mountain gazing over some of the most beautiful scenery there is.

Riding through a trail in a valley surrounded by trees.

These places are not accessible for me by hiking or walking.

This is what I remember, this is what's important to me.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate..... I think having the tailgate section was a great idea and most of the banter and debate should be done there where it is not as accessible to Joe public.

I don't find any of the messaging on here to be nearly as toxic as that found on comment sections to articles on Global, CBC and other formal news services, I think our members are relatively well behaved as compared to the general keyboard hero population.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope, was Guru Pitka to Rowanoak as Pitka was sitting on top of the elephant outside of the mansion.....

I just feel ashamed just knowing any of that.........................I need a shot.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate..... I think having the tailgate section was a great idea and most of the banter and debate should be done there where it is not as accessible to Joe public.

I don't find any of the messaging on here to be nearly as toxic as that found on comment sections to articles on Global, CBC and other formal news services, I think our members are relatively well behaved as compared to the general keyboard hero population.

True story, it makes me weep for Canada to think that some of the people commenting are that stupid...and allowed to vote.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alone on top of mountains looking down is so real. Dark, cold, or rainy days should prove ones worth too see sun shine when there is none.

Lem Lamb every day all day till I close my eyes too re-learn this the next morning when I rise.

Top Bottom