Gen 5 Factory Turbo

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep quite the change in business model for sure. Gonna be some more too that are gonna get the letter
Are they trying to just consolidate to bigger and fewer dealerships or what’s the rationa?

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not very well respected company, as a consumer you don't see the Frenchman's other side & it is very dark. Ruthless is an understatement, there is a wake of destruction in manufacturing with companies who have tried to be a supplier. They have no friends & anyone that thinks they are will find out otherwise.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they trying to just consolidate to bigger and fewer dealerships or what’s the rationa?
It appears that way. A lot is image as well. They want all the dealerships to look the same kind of like Ford, GM, Dodge and Harley Davidson. They are very well versed in telling their dealers how to spend their money.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I stayed away from the big screen

Didn’t say what gauges tho. Could be trail sled premium gauges.

The standard summit gauges were already downgraded after snowcheck.
BRP wanted all of the large summit gauge sled orders in first cause they only had so many of them, and they were limited during snowcheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn’t say what gauges tho. Could be trail sled premium gauges.

The standard summit gauges were already downgraded after snowcheck.
BRP wanted all of the large summit gauge sled orders in first cause they only had so many of them, and they were limited during snowcheck.

Yah who knows, didn't actually say much of anything really? My other concern with that large screen was if that thing piled up mid season would you be able to get a replacement??

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i seen the placement and how flat it was i could see a tree snagging it pretty easily and thought with my luck id break it plus didnt seem worth the extraa $$$$$ went with the basic gauges it csnt be anyworse then the 17 or 20 gauges

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any woodies wear bar part numbers for the new ski model? The hard weld ones with out carbines?

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the bolt pattern is the same for the wear bar. I still have my hard weld bars off my old sled.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep quite the change in business model for sure. Gonna be some more too that are gonna get the letter
Seems like unless you have a million dollar shop and sell 300 units a year they aren't interested

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like unless you have a million dollar shop and sell 300 units a year they aren't interested

Million dollar shop won't cut it, multiple millon's & a big debt load is a more fitting model for them. I just picked up a new 75hp tractor yesterday, small dealership....what a refreshing experience! More like Ski Doo in the first gen REV days, when they started finally started coming out of the bottom of the barrell. They were still humbled by end user.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do I want flex edge and T Motion or no? It's my first new sled in 10 years. I like it on my '13.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some love it, some hate it. I loved my 2015 with T-motion and hated the way the G4 handled out of the box. Deleted the T-motion, and had to run limiter much tighter, & spring spacers on the G4 to keep it from being too squirrely. The 2020 expert seemed to address lot's of the unpredictability as did the 175 track. I locked out the T-motion, and ran spring spacers on my 2020.5, and 22 turbos to keep it more predictable for my riding style. I personally think nobody would even notice if a sled had T-motion or didn't have it. The Flex-edge track I believe is the culprit for doo washout on steep angle side hills. Although foot placement is huge when side-hilling, and the right rider on a doo can sidehill anything a guy on a cat or Polaris can. All riders are different, and this is just one fella's opinion. I guess we will see how this 2023 expert W/O T-motion and flex edge track works. I believe there will be lovers, and haters no matter what comes out.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 165. It's a $1000 less for an X. If the handling is a toss up. It's just the skis and piggyback rear shock as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the small gauge. Its not the 4.5” but looks good to me.

fd21ec961b60ea4102fd33172b5d270f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom