Gen 4 best upgrades

tyman212

Reaction score
For me.
1st Shorter riser and a skinz post forward.
2nd Ibackshift clutch kit.

I’m over 6’ and run a 2” riser with the post forward. Pretty sure it’s 34” bar height from the running boards. Post forward allows you to move further forward on the sled and keep the front end down also gets the bars out of your gut when riding technical terrain. Shorter riser keeps the bars out of your chest and lets you tip the sled away from you while still being able to pull it back. It doesn’t make you stretch out so far when the sled tips downhill and keeps your arms straighter overall so you have good leverage on the sled.

The clutch kit biggest improvements are the smooth engagement so you can creep along and idle the sled out of holes. Also increases engine breaking so it really holds the sled back coming down hill which I love. And the adjustment for elevation is super simple.

Anything more than that I can live without. Ya a can is lighter but most are a lot louder. better Shocks I’m sure are nice. Then just add the accessories you want. I also run the full skid plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me.
1st Shorter riser and a skinz post forward.
2nd Ibackshift clutch kit.

I’m over 6’ and run a 2” riser with the post forward. Pretty sure it’s 34” bar height from the running boards. Post forward allows you to move further forward on the sled and keep the front end down also gets the bars out of your gut when riding technical terrain. Shorter riser keeps the bars out of your chest and lets you tip the sled away from you while still being able to pull it back. It doesn’t make you stretch out so far when the sled tips downhill and keeps your arms straighter overall so you have good leverage on the sled.

The clutch kit biggest improvements are the smooth engagement so you can creep along and idle the sled out of holes. Also increases engine breaking so it really holds the sled back coming down hill which I love. And the adjustment for elevation is super simple.

Anything more than that I can live without. Ya a can is lighter but most are a lot louder. better Shocks I’m sure are nice. Then just add the accessories you want. I also run the full skid plate.

I hate to derail a thread so quick, butI would be curious to see your riding position with that setup.

I'm 6'4 and grabbed a 4.7" riser, but found it too short compared to the stock 6.5“. With the 6.5 my knees are bent, and the bars are at my waist when standing right at the front of the boards.

tyman212

Reaction score
I hate to derail a thread so quick, butI would be curious to see your riding position with that setup.

I'm 6'4 and grabbed a 4.7" riser, but found it too short compared to the stock 6.5“. With the 6.5 my knees are bent, and the bars are at my waist when standing right at the front of the boards.

Check out Ross’s video for bar height. First couple min explain it. There’s other videos like his from other riders as well.

It won’t feel comfortable standing on it in the garage, I’m sure it would feel too low. But once your in the mountains it is way better. Might take some time to get used to tho.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WIOFliKTaK0&feature=shares

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Munster rail stifners and raptor shocks make a very nice upgrade and durability i snapped the skidoo rail spacers on my gen4 never jad that problem once the munster rail
Vraces were in

Top Bottom