Gear ratio game changer

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c04bf04e24bc4f2929f4606eb6bd160f.jpg

Just about fell out of my chair LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure wish someone would have told me that a gear down kit was a game changer, Who knew ?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
So after looking at the new quick drive 2 videos, it that the brake disc on the top drive?

If you break a belt (quick drive belt) that would mean no braking to the the track?
That would make a steep down hill a possible rodeo ride, no?

Isnt the G4 brake on the lower drive axel so there is still braking capabilities?

I beleive all sleds should have braking abilities on track drive shaft to allow braking under any ciscumstances.
Same goes for a stock tether on all machines.

Could be out to lunch on my observations. Let me know if I am correct or wrong on this.

Cant get an optomitrist appointment (which is much needed for my old eyes) due to them being closed due to virus.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after looking at the new quick drive 2 videos, it that the brake disc on the top drive?

If you break a belt (quick drive belt) that would mean no braking to the the track?
That would make a steep down hill a possible rodeo ride, no?

Isnt the G4 brake on the lower drive axel so there is still braking capabilities?

I beleive all sleds should have braking abilities on track drive shaft to allow braking under any ciscumstances.
Same goes for a stock tether on all machines.

Could be out to lunch on my observations. Let me know if I am correct or wrong on this.

Cant get an optomitrist appointment (which is much needed for my old eyes) due to them being closed due to virus.

You are correct. Polaris has for years run the brake on the end of the jack shaft. Both on the belt and chain drive systems. Have yet to hear of an incident where a belt or chain failure and subsequent lack of brakes caused further injury or damage. I have only blown one belt and that was on a turbo’d 2013 Pro that I shock loaded jumping a small creek and that was before they had the upgraded belt.

To OP’s original comment. I agree that when you compare a gear ratio change to a production turbo sled you may be left wanting. However, if Maxwell hasn’t he should go for a ride with Mr Adams. Dan is a true Ambassador of the sport who takes great pride in making everyone a better and safer rider. Perhaps Maxwell might have his game changed!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Polaris has for years run the brake on the end of the jack shaft. Both on the belt and chain drive systems. Have yet to hear of an incident where a belt or chain failure and subsequent lack of brakes caused further injury or damage. I have only blown one belt and that was on a turbo’d 2013 Pro that I shock loaded jumping a small creek and that was before they had the upgraded belt.

To OP’s original comment. I agree that when you compare a gear ratio change to a production turbo sled you may be left wanting. However, if Maxwell hasn’t he should go for a ride with Mr Adams. Dan is a true Ambassador of the sport who takes great pride in making everyone a better and safer rider. Perhaps Maxwell might have his game changed!
Its been like that since 2013 for sure. Two guys i used to ride with rented some 2013 pro rmk back then from blue river and they each blew apart the belts and towing them out of salmon was a chore, there was definite but puckering going on for both those guys

Top Bottom