Garmin Inreach

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a post on Facebook that the inreach is discontinued. Anyone know anything about that?
My google searches showed that the explorer and SE are discontinued. I'm assuming they are moving forward with the minis now that everything pairs to your phone.
However I didn't find much.
I also tried contacting Garmin, what a pain that is. See if they get back to me.

I'm running the SE (big yellow one). And as long as it keeps working good, I'll keep it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand why, the buttons on the explorer are cumbersome to use. I have the old Delorme Inreach and do almost everything through the app on my phone due to ease of use.

I don't think it will affect service though, I'm sure Garmin will continue to support the older devices for many years to come.

Reactions: RXN

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a subscriber and haven't seen any notifications from Garmin on it, I do run a Mini so possibly not effected..

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are finally killing them off because they are old Delorme products and don't mesh well with Garmin software. Garmin looks to have a few more options now with better mapping more in line with other Garmin products including the GPSMAP 66 & 86 and the Montana 700.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they are finally killing them off because they are old Delorme products and don't mesh well with Garmin software. Garmin looks to have a few more options now with better mapping more in line with other Garmin products including the GPSMAP 66 & 86 and the Montana 700.
So that includes the mini as well?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks a bit more user friendly.

Garmin_BirdsEye-Direct.gif

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that includes the mini as well?
The mini still appears to be good to go. I assume since it's fits a niche where they can use their own software on the phone for the mapping which is likely easier to maintain for them. I bet they sell a ton of the minis.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Often wish i went mini. I do everything off my phone for mine. Find the unit too big. For stuffing in a pocket..

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the inreach explore plus. Very happy with it

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to do all the same things.
The GPSMAP 66 is all Garmin though, so much better mapping capabilities including the ability to load custom maps and navigate.

For guys like us running mapping on our phones, it's probably not worth it at this point.

I really like the mini. Nice and compact to tuck away.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the explorer plus? I'd love to trade it for the mini. Life has changed and I don't need the extra battery life that I bought the plus for

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Delorme unit and haven’t been told my service has changed by garmin

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Inreach 66i... still works and I'm still getting billed monthly for the service. Its ok, kind of a clunky POS for the technologies we currently have. Got mine for Xmas last season.

Top Bottom