G4 clutch arms

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are they always sloppy!?

never really was paying attention when I changed arms but there is a lot of play in these things…. Basically all range of motion. That is normal?

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heat kills, if you are running a more stock set up & riding aggressively temps are ballistic..... accelerated wear in clutch components is the result.

Belt issue's, excessive dust & grim in the clutch area, stained sheaves are good indicators.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the part to correct is the plastic clicker bushing then?? $18ea-ish

2200km on the sled... seems odd

yes, i would also inspect the Pin that holds the arm in place. It is a little premature at 2200km as these are maintenance free clutches. I would just buy one clicker bushing and see if it fixes the slop on the pin, if it doesn't well i guess thats the way its supposed to be then. Ill have to double check mine when my new sled arrives i really cant remember there being any play in there but maybe?

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pdrive are not maintenance free. Ive seen a set of rollers grind up into mush. My own pDrive rollers, one was stiff enough I couldnt turn it with my thumb, take it apart, clean it out, re-grease. Seen clicker dials on stock clutch wear out and ramps carve into the spider, seen the torque rollers seize and wear a groove into the spider [i have one], seen the bottom cup break in the spider and 4~5 cushions fail [including my own].
There are 850 crankshafts with runout at or past the runout limit and when that is present, the clicker dial axle holes wear oblong.
If one clicker dial has looseness compared to other 2, then replace the loose clicker dial. IF 3 clicker dials are loose and you have a gut feeling something is wrong; put a dial indicator on the crank stub and measure around the arc at the end of the d-notch.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every company claims alot of crap. Some true; some maybe wishful thinking. I would pull all three arms and inspect for sure. If you are still on warranty just take it in to your dealer; that gets paperwork started in case there is further issues down the road.

Top Bottom