Fuel in BC?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Its annoying period. Those pumps may have changed but last winter they would only pre-authorize for $100.....

The pre-authorization for VISA in our area is $130 and has always been $130. Yes, it is a pain in the butt. They say that is VISA's policy but we know that is bs because the free enterprise system to the east will let you take as much as your VISA will hold.

Sledbunny, I understand about the $50 bill! Try giving the attendant your keys the next time, works for me! :xmas2004_15:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pre-authorization for VISA in our area is $130 and has always been $130. Yes, it is a pain in the butt. They say that is VISA's policy but we know that is bs because the free enterprise system to the east will let you take as much as your VISA will hold.

Sledbunny, I understand about the $50 bill! Try giving the attendant your keys the next time, works for me! :xmas2004_15:

I would rather give him a $50.00 compaired to my keys, Just sayin !!
It would not be hard to get my $50.00 back these days at the local "convenience store/ gas pump" with a couple of bags of chips a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke !!:confused:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its annoying period. Those pumps may have changed but last winter they would only pre-authorize for $100. On 2 occasions I pulled in and had to swipe my card twice just to fill my truck then swipe again to start filling 5 sleds in trailer and jerry cans...once I hit a $100 again we had to pull hose from trailer and hang back up before I could swipe my Visa again then send hose back inside to continue...all in all my visa was swiped 5 times so when I get off the hill that night I have a phone call from the bank as they put a freeze on my card as they thought it was stolen due to being swiped 5 times in a 15 minute period. This happened on 2 separate trips last yr...not a big deal to get my Visa cleared but a pain in the a$$ just the same. My solution was to get one of my passengers to use there Visa...lol. They had the same problem but I figured better them then me..lol. Thats it for my rant maybe something changed and you can pre authorize for the full amount now...I'm hoping anyway.

Wow that would be annoying, could you just pay at the pump and fill everything or is there a limit on that as well?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prepaying is a pain for sure. I always just stab my card into the machine, but always have to do it twice. No sense in putting premium fuel into a 20 year old ford. kinda sucks, but I guess you get used to it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it will be interesting. I've been doing some research on it, and apparently its coming to BC, and passed as a bylaw. On the up side, deck sales might go up for companies.

Excellent, can always use more sales!!

cooper

Reaction score
pay before you pump is annoying but if you're using a credit card it's nice and quick and you dont have to wait in line inside while that one person wants to check 43 lottery tickets, or wants to see what brands of cigarette they have then proceed to argue with the attendant as why they dont carry their brand. Pay before you pump sucks if youre paying cash.

Just wait till it comes to alberta due to all the douches that gas and run.

its here.:(

Top Bottom