Friends you've met through Snow and Mud

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry man. dunno what's up with my phone, but it doesn't make sounds for an incoming text sometimes. if it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one I unintentionally ignore texts from lol.

we're still not sure if we can make it down next weekend, trying to find our youngest a ride back and forth to work while we're gone. his older brother is working late shift that weekend and won't be able to do it. these kids nowadays have no interest in getting steering papers it seems. I know I couldn't wait to get a license back in the day.

It's all good Troy

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we wont' be going to the sled show this year. Work is so busy, and we haven't gotten our elk yet. We only have days to harvest and it's looking bleak. So many wolves, bears and other predators. Went up to our spot that should have been a sure thing, spooked 2 wolves and ran into steaming grizzly crap. It's dismal over here. Our elk is a staple. This is absolutely disheartening. Could try for a spike fork, but the moose are even lower in pop because of competitive prey management for caribou. We still have 8 pks of ground moose and elk, and some of my deer from last year in smokies and sausages but it won't be enough to get us through.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we wont' be going to the sled show this year. Work is so busy, and we haven't gotten our Mountain Caribou yet . We only have days to harvest and it's looking bleak. So many sledders, 4 wheelers and other humans . Went up to our spot that should have been a sure thing, spooked 2 hippies and ran into steaming hot tub. It's dismal over here. Our Mountain Caribou is a staple. This is absolutely disheartening. Could try for a spike fork, but the moosehead beers are even lower in pop because of competitive prey management for snowmobilers . We still have 8 pks of Kokanee and Bud Light , and some of my beer from last year along with a pack of smokes but it won't be enough to get us through.

Fixed it for ya !

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha I dig that! I think I sucked at my last caribou cooking experience though. It wasn't in the rut but man didn't care for it at all. A wonderful guide and outfitter gave us a roast. I did it in the slow cooker before we had a traeger. I wanted to love it, but gahhhhhh nope for me.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What did I miss?????

It is still broken. And in my case my posts are 2 hours ahead of the actual time.

This title turned out like this on a particular reply.................................Re: S &amp Courier Service
When it should be like this................[h=2]Re: S & M Courier Service[/h]
But then it is the same old same old. Good to see you check in!

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Oh yah.... I met my Dad on this site....

In all seriousness easily 80% of my current frieinds & acquaintances were met through this site..... If it weren't for Shiny Top I'd have very few friends.

Par for the course I guess considering I met my wife online too...

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've met several people on this site. Most memorable meeting was the introduction to Kelly B. (rip). My wife and kids had just started sledding. Our second year with 2 machines I think we decided to check out the long island lake trails. We arrived at the staging area, no one else was there. While we started unloading 2 other rigs showed up. While they were setting up, Kelly came over and asked if we had been in the area before, I said no, he promptly invited us to ride with his group. I still had no idea who he was, or who the rest in the group was. We took off riding together and got a great tour of the area.
We stopped for a break and began to talk. I began to recognize the skull and cross bones Kelly was famous for, and it finally came out who he was. While that was revealing itself, my wife was talking to other couple, they over heard my name. The other fellow recognized it, he knew my dad. How do you know my dad? Turned out, almost 10yrs previous, the fellow and my wife worked together! Had no idea!
So with new and renewed friendships we continued. We ended up in a bowl with one way out, a steep hill. Kelly's machine made it up, My wife's machine made it up with Kelly driving it with one of my kids on board, (she was to inexperienced to tackle it) and the other fellow made it up with my other kid. By then the hill was too icy for me and his wife to make it up. So we were separated. My kids with Kelly at the top, the rest of us at the bottom. A plan was made to meet up at a junction. Well that somehow got missed and we spent several hours looking for Kelly and my kids. Now i'm a bit freaked out, a guy we just met is out there with my kids. If you saw Kelly and didn't know him, well you get the idea how i was feeling. Turns out he found his way to the parking lot and was waiting for us.
Anyway, we went out with them sledding and quadding as often as we could until Kelly passed, and still go quadding and sledding with the rest. They are some of our closest friends.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've met several people on this site. Most memorable meeting was the introduction to Kelly B. (rip). My wife and kids had just started sledding. Our second year with 2 machines I think we decided to check out the long island lake trails. We arrived at the staging area, no one else was there. While we started unloading 2 other rigs showed up. While they were setting up, Kelly came over and asked if we had been in the area before, I said no, he promptly invited us to ride with his group. I still had no idea who he was, or who the rest in the group was. We took off riding together and got a great tour of the area.
We stopped for a break and began to talk. I began to recognize the skull and cross bones Kelly was famous for, and it finally came out who he was. While that was revealing itself, my wife was talking to other couple, they over heard my name. The other fellow recognized it, he knew my dad. How do you know my dad? Turned out, almost 10yrs previous, the fellow and my wife worked together! Had no idea!
So with new and renewed friendships we continued. We ended up in a bowl with one way out, a steep hill. Kelly's machine made it up, My wife's machine made it up with Kelly driving it with one of my kids on board, (she was to inexperienced to tackle it) and the other fellow made it up with my other kid. By then the hill was too icy for me and his wife to make it up. So we were separated. My kids with Kelly at the top, the rest of us at the bottom. A plan was made to meet up at a junction. Well that somehow got missed and we spent several hours looking for Kelly and my kids. Now i'm a bit freaked out, a guy we just met is out there with my kids. If you saw Kelly and didn't know him, well you get the idea how i was feeling. Turns out he found his way to the parking lot and was waiting for us.
Anyway, we went out with them sledding and quadding as often as we could until Kelly passed, and still go quadding and sledding with the rest. They are some of our closest friends.

Kelly was a hell of a guy and I was lucky enough to enjoy many great camping and quadding trips with him. He was urging me to try my hand at sledding again and was going to help me acquire some skills on flat land before attempting an alpine trip again. Shortly after he made me that offer, he was diagnosed as terminal. Since then, I've used him as an excuse not to get into sledding. Lol, if God has to kill my friends to keep me off a sled, maybe I should listen.

Top Bottom