Fraserway RV fire - Aftermath

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sure would suck if you had fire insurance but no coverage for flooding.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a huge amount of $ value that went up in smoke. Would a dealer even have enough coverage for that? Is each rig insured for replacement value.
Pondering this while I wait at Kal Tire for my new Studded Hakka LT3’s to be installed.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a huge amount of $ value that went up in smoke. Would a dealer even have enough coverage for that? Is each rig insured for replacement value.
Pondering this while I wait at Kal Tire for my new Studded Hakka LT3’s to be installed

Awesome tire !

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The other concern was the smoke was right under the power lines. It could have grounded through the smoke, and zap.
Well holy crap. This is new information.
Learned something new today..Thank you sir..

Smoke Buildup Smoke consists of carbon particles, which can conduct electricity. If the concentration of carbon is high enough, an electrical discharge from the line to the ground, similar to lightning, can occur

Smoke can contain a wide variety of chemicals, many of them aggressive in nature. ... Many smoke components are also electrically conductive; deposition of a conductive layer on the circuits can cause crosstalks and other deteriorations of the operating parameters or even cause short circuits and total failures.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smartest idea was what they did.

Why risk anyones life for a fire that would take foam and a lot of water to extinguish.

The smoke that entered any vehicle in that area would be a write off.

Even moving them around you would gain very little. The contaminated vehicles could not be sold to the public due to toxicity in them.

Power-lines. Surrounded by water, add toxic smoke and carbon partials. Not good.

No fatalities or injuries is a win. ,

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No or poor water supply, 500Kv overhead power lines….both prevent ground based master streams or air tanker fire attack….I would have brought in a dozer under mutual aid, firefighter operator with breathing apparatus in an enclosed cab and pushed a firebreak through the middle

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Smartest idea was what they did.

Why risk anyones life for a fire that would take foam and a lot of water to extinguish.

The smoke that entered any vehicle in that area would be a write off.

Even moving them around you would gain very little. The contaminated vehicles could not be sold to the public due to toxicity in them.

Power-lines. Surrounded by water, add toxic smoke and carbon partials. Not good.

No fatalities or injuries is a win. ,
Thanks for chiming in Fire Captian Ray, good seing you this morning, thanks for making time for my visit.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No or poor water supply, 500Kv overhead power lines….both prevent ground based master streams or air tanker fire attack….I would have brought in a dozer under mutual aid, firefighter operator with breathing apparatus in an enclosed cab and pushed a firebreak through the middle
Again much more going on that day, why bother with the resources putting out some rvs

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again much more going on that day, why bother with the resources putting out some rvs
It’s always a question of priorities. The main reason nothing was done was because the location was isolated. No exposures to be concerned about. The insurance company will however sue the municipality for not responding adequately.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think these places have flood insurance… over ground flooding is not possible or extremely expensive add on.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People claiming you could move vehicles have never been around a fire that isn’t wood. I have put out 2 batteries on fire the smoke from that and a fire extinguisher I’m pretty sure took a few years off my life the smoke is nasty, never mind 100’s of them burning and tons of plastic.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Arff's alter ego...
IMG_5437.jpg

Top Bottom