fox float shocks?

kingkat88

Reaction score
so heres the deal. I bought a new sled this year and it has fox float 150 psi shocks on the front. i adjusted the shocks earlyer in the fall to about 70lbs. whent out on sat for a rip and shes sagging hard to the left.......from what i understand is the valves inside s**t the bed and i have to get them re-built. any words of wisdom??? and also where can i get them re done in central alberta? perferrably around red deer but ill take them further if needed!

:beer::d

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to am lookin for info on this ....Just blew my rear float in my mtn tamer .....Who builds them stronger and im lookin for a bit of custom valving so sled is set up for my weight

chriscat1000

Reaction score
i use to race arctic cat sleds with fox float never heard of that problem with them but i do know temp change does affect the shock cold air isn't has thick has warm air kinda like tires in ur car you have to had air in the winter from the temp change is not take them to specaity sleds in edmonton

kingkat88

Reaction score
ya i can understand the cold weather thing but the left shock bottomed right out and wont re-extend, i find it hard to beleive that it will come back to life as it warms up :confused: but who knows. ive heard that its like a once every 3 years thing to have them re-valved. wondering if normal shocks may be a fail safe fix??

kingkat88

Reaction score
took the shocks in today and it ends up it will cost almost 700 to get them re built the tubes are pitted and all that good stuff. does anyone know the measurements for the shocks on an 05 king cat?? they arent with me right now and im looking for some new ones!
cheers:beer:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought stock Zero Pros for a Cat and it cost just under $800. Depending on riding style and weight would consider changing. Heard E&S Cycle in Fort Sask is good at rebuilding and valving. Or I have a used set of floats for sale.

kingkat88

Reaction score
nah the pressure was zero when i got home, there pooched. im not gonna buy fox floats for my next ones they seem to be a real pain in the ass. figured ill buy some coil overs or something similar, dons speed parts in wainwright is gonna hook me up hopefully:d see what happens anyway!

S

stripe

nah the pressure was zero when i got home, there pooched. im not gonna buy fox floats for my next ones they seem to be a real pain in the ass. figured ill buy some coil overs or something similar, dons speed parts in wainwright is gonna hook me up hopefully:d see what happens anyway!

so are you going to sell your fox floats ?

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all your Shock needs.....ZBROZ Racing.....We build and valve the shocks for the rider......Ask BDF 900 how his work, Best shock in my opinion not because I sell them because as A bigger guy stock shocks have always been an issue, My shocks on my sled built for a 300 Ib rider.....BDF 900 has a couple sets ask him what he thinks?.....We biuld shocks for all applications.....
Have a look very cool stuff have a look.

BD

kingkat88

Reaction score
I need shocks by Sunday at the latest, I'm headed for revy. Anybody have any?? ANYTHING that will fit! PM me ASAP!!

Top Bottom