forestry trunk road

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course depends where you are. I can give u info from west of Sundre to rocky mountain house/nordegg.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work up the trunk road between hinton and gp. i know the area well. also know from hinton/edson to nordegg very well. but what area are u asking about? theres literally hundreds of spots to fish.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where are the best places to catch big trout not 3 to inches like at chambers thanks

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where are the best places to catch big trout not 3 to inches like at chambers thanks

are u more interested in rivers or lakes?...i do fly fish a smaller pot hole lake with my pontoon or belly boat and have caught decent trout 15-20"...
I have tried the river by Cresent Falls and did catch a couple small cutthroats nothing to brag about but i was actually shocked i even caught something.

87stocker

Reaction score
Alot of what you will find as far as streams and rivers on the trunk road will be c&r fishing only. I fly fish and dont enjoy the competition of catching the biggest fish or the most. Just walking up and down the banks of the blackstone or any oher river for that matter does it for me. Head out to the end of the road past hummingbird falls and fish the small creek upstram from there, I caught 108 small little fighters on 5 hours there 2 years ago. Pick up a book called "albertas trout hiway" by barry mitchell good reading good education.

willbarber1989

Reaction score
The black fly north of Nordegg is really good, quite the trail in though and it completely depends on the weather. If there is a rain storm while you're there you might be staying for a couple days until it dries up. We were up there in July and caught 10-15 per day, Cut throat/bull trout/whitefish, with the biggest probably around 18"-20". I hear fall is the best though.

Top Bottom