SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
April 27, 2022 by Adam Malik

Ford F-series sales plummet in Canada​

2023-F-150-Rattler_01-1024x768.jpg

2023 F-150 Rattler
Supply chain issues wreaked havoc on the sales of Canada’s top-selling vehicle.

Ford F-series vehicles sales took a tumble to start 2022, according to DesRosiers Automotive Consultants. The Ford F-series has been the top-selling vehicle in Canada every year since 2009 — and the best-selling pickup for 56 years.

But supply chain issues have left their mark as the automaker sold 18,218 in the first quarter — a drop of 40 per cent. Ford sold just three more units than second-place RAM, which saw its sales drop 15 per cent.

DesRosiers reported the Honda Civic is still the best-selling passenger car, though Hyundai saw a sales increase of 26 per cent on its Elantra model to move to second, ahead of the Toyota Corolla, which saw its sales drop 34 per cent.

“Sales performance — amidst the widespread shortages — is driven in large part by available supply,” said Andrew King, managing partner at the consultancy. “[This is] creating an unusual and somewhat distorted sales picture.”

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford dealers in my area have almost nothing for stock. Dealer in High River had 1 truck, one SUV and 1 Mustang on their lot the other day. Dealer in Okotoks is better but not by much. Dodge dealers lots is full and Chev dealer is same as Fords

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ford dealers in my area have almost nothing for stock. Dealer in High River had 1 truck, one SUV and 1 Mustang on their lot the other day. Dealer in Okotoks is better but not by much. Dodge dealers lots is full and Chev dealer is same as Fords
DODGE has a deal for the micro processors... :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddies '21 Dodge Eco diesel threw engine codes the 4 trips we took it to Revy this year. My Ford ran like a trooper. He finally traded it in on a new baby Duramax. Got fed up bringing a scanner tool with him every trip. Dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong and give him ch!t for deleting codes at Rogers Pass. We needed to to get home. Fuggin dealers.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, all orders and next to no sales. Sounds a lot like Can-Am and Yamaha with no spare parts either.

Sounds like a good business model, sell a truck before the parts to build it are even manufactured, Ford and GM are laughing all the way to the bank.

I wonder if the CEO and top management at Dodge, Chrysler, Ram, Stellantis or whatever they are called this week are scratching their heads. Their dealer lots are full of trucks and people are still lining up for 6-8 months to buy a Ford or GM.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a loaded 22 tundra, was $13,000 less than a platinum f150.
atta boy. Great trucks. If you load a sled in the back you might consider to go find a used tailgate at the autowreckers. When I got my new tundra I found a used tailgate on car-part.com. When I am done sledding and getting firewood in May I take my used tailgate off and put my original one back on. the old one looks like crap and the origonal one still looks new.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
atta boy. Great trucks. If you load a sled in the back you might consider to go find a used tailgate at the autowreckers. When I got my new tundra I found a used tailgate on car-part.com. When I am done sledding and getting firewood in May I take my used tailgate off and put my original one back on. the old one looks like crap and the origonal one still looks new.
This is my wife’s 3rd tundra, nice trucks hopefully the new one proves as reliable as the previous.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good business model, sell a truck before the parts to build it are even manufactured, Ford and GM are laughing all the way to the bank.

I wonder if the CEO and top management at Dodge, Chrysler, Ram, Stellantis or whatever they are called this week are scratching their heads. Their dealer lots are full of trucks and people are still lining up for 6-8 months to buy a Ford or GM.

Where are Ram lots full??? A diesel pickup is still a unicorn to be found sitting on any lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom