Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon or??

skidoo6100

Reaction score
So far its been good, had one minor issue with the adaptive cruise control. I looked into it and it seems that its a common electrical glitch, shutting the car off and restarting cured it. Other than that its super comfy, its a bit thirstier on fuel in town but out on the highway in eco mode it seems to hold down around 10-11L/100km. The only thing I'll b!tch about is that it has no block heater. From what I read, VW has issues with fires and codes with them installed previously. I didn't think a block heater was that complicated but whatever. They call for 0W30 oil in the manual so at least its getting proper lubrication on the cold starts.
I thought only the R line models didnt come with block heaters? I swear the lower model one in the showroom had a nice plug in the bumper for the cord… i assumed they didnt want that plug in spot to ugly up the front end of the nice ones. Ours is in the heated garage so not a big deal. They still charged us for a winter package that supposed to include a battery charger they install under the hood…pass.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought only the R line models didnt come with block heaters? I swear the lower model one in the showroom had a nice plug in the bumper for the cord… i assumed they didnt want that plug in spot to ugly up the front end of the nice ones. Ours is in the heated garage so not a big deal. They still charged us for a winter package that supposed to include a battery charger they install under the hood…pass.
That may be possible? I may search for VW parts diagrams and see if they elaborate

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife has a 2018 rav4 we bought new and she drives it back and forth from gull lake to Edmonton 5 days a week. Haven’t had a lick of trouble with it. Just about 300k on it now. There’s no way I’d touch anything domestic I had to drive every day

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2021
denali yukon. 6.2L It works good.

I wouldnt touch a rave4 if my life depended on it. 200hp lol

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove a brand new rav4 for 10 days in Los Angeles, was our rental vehicle, I booked a Chrysler 300c but it wasn’t ready in time so they “upgraded” us to this RAV4. That thing was absolutely terrible, transmission was terrible, shifted hard and jerky, absolutely no power for passing, ride was loud and uncomfortable and surprisingly terrible on fuel for a 4 banger. It was a fully loaded model and light years behind our North American vehicles technologically. I put about 1100 miles on it and hated every minute of it. Couldn’t give me one of those free to drive

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never own a ford 3.5 that isn't under warranty! Water pump inside the timing cover can leak and fill crank case with coolant . If you don't catch it and are driving down the road sudden low oil pressure and bang! Had one in last week that did that very thing. 9200 bucks! I have several clients with toyota sequoias no issues except not great on gas. Also have clients with chev/gmc no huge problems but lots of little stuff.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why Ford did this stupidest design ever with internal water pumps and 15ft of timing chains.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread. Did the Duramax Yukon get discussed at all?

My brother has a Denali with the ride control, he has some issues with it, biggest one was a fuel leak that sprayed fuel everywhere. Windshield is 1000 to replace with The HUD.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the atlas???
Loving it so far. Its a smooth and comfy vehicle, has pretty decent power, nice interior layout. I do find the throttle can be a bit touchy at slow speeds in "normal" mode but I put it to "eco" and it softened it up a bit. It still hauls the mail pretty good in eco. I've only tried it once in sport mode but it was pretty snowy/icy out so I couldn't get too carried away with it.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some definitely have block heaters. Idk if its the model or the year but one of my coworkers has an atlas and has a block heater. On a related note hes had his 3 or 4 years now with no major issues.

Top Bottom