Ford Diesel Question

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the cabs still get removed with the new Ford's to work on the motor?

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I test drove the new Platinum 1 ton diesel. Lots of good things to say about the truck, those massaging seats are spectacular. Not spectacular enough though if you still have to remove a cab to work under the hood!!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im guessing it would depend on what you are doing under the hood that would decide if you need to remove the cab. I saw something that GM has now gone to the same idea; remove 6 bolts, unplug some connections and lift the cab. If you want space in the engine bay need to stick with a Cummins.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer roast out my driver's side running board somehow on the cab re-entry ffs - got a new running board and a rusty chrome passenger side one now - love the rusted painted bumper and ford chrome

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer roast out my driver's side running board somehow on the cab re-entry ffs - got a new running board and a rusty chrome passenger side one now - love the rusted painted bumper and ford chrome

I love the truck but man the paint and chrome is horrible

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its 1 wire harness and 4 bolts. But its a Ford so you never have to work on the motor anyway.

Its more for transmission stuff

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its 1 wire harness and 4 bolts. But its a Ford so you never have to work on the motor anyway.

Its more for transmission stuff

I haven't heard anything but good things about the new 10 speed transmission Ford designed with GM.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think more now than ever you need to pull the cab. But I know the Ford diesel mechanic in Leduc. He said it’s only a 40 min job to lift the cab. But that’s at the dealer. For us at home it would be longer and much more difficult f you don’t have a lift.

Top Bottom