Ford 6.7 After market Turbo's

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just trying to find some information on who is running what for after market turbo's on the 2011-2014 6.7 Diesels. A friend of mind chipped and did the delete kit. Having doing so he has heard the Stock turbo's have ceramic bearings and tend to fail. Let me know what your running and the pro/cons of the kit. Thanks Darin

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got all deletes and a H&S tuner. Mine has most recent update (keeps boost levels, I max out at 27psi). I have 30k on it like this, no issues yet! But i planning on installing a shocked wheel (billet compress wheel). From my understanding problem is too much boost with tuners, and the turbo is over rotating. I have heard of guys with same setup as me (prior to turbo safe tune) hitting 32-33psi.

Billet wheel is supposed to help, creates more boost at lower rotating speeds. But most aftermarket turbo companies (SPE, Maryland etc) are offering kits to put 2015 turbo in.

Last edited:

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run the turbos until there is a problem developing and replace at that time ;) ...... But start planning for a turbo replacement idea now. Smart move, nosrx1

the only problem with this is that when turbo goes it can take the engine with it, cheaper to replace turbo first....imo. this has been the biggest hold back for me, trying to make my mind up whether or not to upgrade the turbo and delete it or just take the chance and delete it. i have read about horror stories of turbo parts being chucked into multiple cylinders. now i am looking at just trading up to a 15 and not having to worry about the turbo

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got all deletes and a H&S tuner. Mine has most recent update (keeps boost levels, I max out at 27psi). I have 30k on it like this, no issues yet! But i planning on installing a shocked wheel (billet compress wheel). From my understanding problem is too much boost with tuners, and the turbo is over rotating. I have heard of guys with same setup as me (prior to turbo safe tune) hitting 32-33psi.

Billet wheel is supposed to help, creates more boost at lower rotating speeds. But most aftermarket turbo companies (SPE, Maryland etc) are offering kits to put 2015 turbo in.

My turbo Pro has some kind of blowoff valve to limit max boost. No such feature on these fancy trucks?

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Computer controlled. Truck would hit 30psi stock. Programmers initially allowed boost to climb too high too fast. H&S realized this and updated tunes to try to keep issue in check.

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down at ATS when they slammed the hood shut on there new drop in turbo and it is literally a factory replacement I do believe it is a 67mm but could be wrong all I know is that this turbo rips! The new Factory 2015 turbo is awesome as well and definitely packs a punch I think you gotta change a couple things around with this turbo. ATS is hoping for release of it soon I'm trying to get one to demo so I can show the customers how well this thing works!

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down at ATS when they slammed the hood shut on there new drop in turbo and it is literally a factory replacement I do believe it is a 67mm but could be wrong all I know is that this turbo rips! The new Factory 2015 turbo is awesome as well and definitely packs a punch I think you gotta change a couple things around with this turbo. ATS is hoping for release of it soon I'm trying to get one to demo so I can show the customers how well this thing works!

I would be interested.

Top Bottom