Food For Thought (Heated Googles & Your Transcevier)

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well ditch the pack too. Those things suck...lol

Spent more time in the backcountry with absolute nothing for avy gear vs time spent with every piece of avy gear. If it’s your time it’s your time. Just because it’s the norm now to be Mr super avalanche prepared guy doesn’t mean it the almighty gospel. Is this world really that awesome these days that is that imperative I survive to the point of my goggles affecting my signal ? ………..Litter boxes in schools, transition surgeries getting more support than cancer surgeries, a country overrun with immigrants, white men are scum of the earth, inflation and interest rates about to render 25% of the population broke and house less. Idiots like Trudeau and Biden running two of the largest countries on earth straight into the ground. Drag queen story time at school, gender identity getting more class time than math, science, and English based curriculum. Unqualified natives, blacks, and trans fags getting jobs of power just because it’s trending, not because of their qualifications. Not to mention the fact mountain riding is a dying sport that the super woke will ban in short order. Really????? How about we stop nitpicking on bullch!t and just ride…… cancel culture in full effect on the heated goggle crowd. In two years there will be some tard on here posting a looking for riding buddy ad that will state “ must have all the gear, all the training and absolutely no heated goggles, gloves, coats, socks, boots etc……. But must be a instagram TikTok king at taking the best videos of me do bow ties for my social following on my iPhone 17 pro s with 8 rear facing cameras” pfffft gimme a break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent more time in the backcountry with absolute nothing for avy gear vs time spent with every piece of avy gear. If it’s your time it’s your time. Just because it’s the norm now to be Mr super avalanche prepared guy doesn’t mean it the almighty gospel. Is this world really that awesome these days that is that imperative I survive to the point of my goggles affecting my signal ? ………..Litter boxes in schools, transition surgeries getting more support than cancer surgeries, a country overrun with immigrants, white men are scum of the earth, inflation and interest rates about to render 25% of the population broke and house less. Idiots like Trudeau and Biden running two of the largest countries on earth straight into the ground. Drag queen story time at school, gender identity getting more class time than math, science, and English based curriculum. Unqualified natives, blacks, and trans fags getting jobs of power just because it’s trending, not because of their qualifications. Not to mention the fact mountain riding is a dying sport that the super woke will ban in short order. Really????? How about we stop nitpicking on bullch!t and just ride…… cancel culture in full effect on the heated goggle crowd. In two years there will be some tard on here posting a looking for riding buddy ad that will state “ must have all the gear, all the training and absolutely no heated goggles, gloves, coats, socks, boots etc……. But must be a instagram TikTok king at taking the best videos of me do bow ties for my social following on my iPhone 17 pro s with 8 rear facing cameras” pfffft gimme a break

I wasn't arguing with you. I actually hate the pack. Lol i take it off when im jumping and riding hard.

Its easier to ride with out 50lbs of chit on your back. Being able to see is nice too...

10/10 on the rant though 🤣

Last edited:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't arguing with you. I actually hate the pack. Lol i take it off when im jumping and riding hard.

Its easier to ride with out 50lbs of chit on your back. Being able to see is nice too...

10/10 on the rant though 🤣

I referenced the actual tourists.
When I was heli skiing the Germans thought I was crazy to not have one. I told them do they really think a helicopter place from Pemberton would drop us in an unsafe zone? Kinda Like the idiots at sunshine who think The Derlrium dive is soooooo unsafe because it "needs" an avalanche beacon to access. Cant tell how many times I dropped int here with no beacon. Too many to count.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I referenced the actual tourists.
When I was heli skiing the Germans thought I was crazy to not have one. I told them do they really think a helicopter place from Pemberton would drop us in an unsafe zone? Kinda Like the idiots at sunshine who think The Derlrium dive is soooooo unsafe because it "needs" an avalanche beacon to access. Cant tell how many times I dropped int here with no beacon. Too many to count.

Ive had a bunch of friends die in avalanches in BC. Its a dangerous hobby, but we're all adults here. Do what ever you figure out there. Its all good with me 👍

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

10/10 on the rant though

Oh I know, I figured you were being sarcastic. Mostly directed at the idiots who actually take the affecting signal crap hook line and sinker. Hard to believe cancel culture is fully ingrained in a bunch of snow and mud folk but it sure is lol

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

👊🏼

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand and have read, the EMI causes issues with search functionality not transmit functions which I totally agree is odd. But how do you prove it affects the transmit functions when you have to put another one into search to test it.
As someone who makes a living in RF, I can speak to this a bit.

If you have a weak source of interference close to your strong transmitter (buried beacon), the sensitive receiver (searching beacon) will hardly be affected by the interference. The transmitter is far more powerful, and the snow, distance, and other obstructions will attenuate the interference to the point its effects are negligible.

But, if you have a weak source of interference in close proximity with a relatively clear path to your receiver, then the signal strength can certainly be enough to deafen the receiver, as there is very little attenuation due to distance or obstruction. The received signals from the source of interference and the buried beacon are going to be far closer in strength as received by the searching transceiver in this case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom