Fishing shack

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric drill on 8 inch hand ice auger takes 4 seconds to drill through 12 inches of ice. My first try was with my impact drill, it drilled really nice until it snapped the head of my drill attachment. Don't use an impact unless you have some really good metal that will not break.

Amazon product ASIN B07NPHP63Q

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And make sure your drill has a side handle on it. Just makes it safer

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that, i just pushed it against my chest it seemed ok. My drill is the maximum 40v hammer drill, it comes with a extra long side handle. I will take that handle with me when i go, this was just my first test run. I never thought a battery drill would be able to turn a 8 inch auger.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that, i just pushed it against my chest it seemed ok. My drill is the maximum 40v hammer drill, it comes with a extra long side handle. I will take that handle with me when i go, this was just my first test run. I never thought a battery drill would be able to turn a 8 inch auger.
Both the guys that I fish with have taken the auger part of their manual ice augers and attached them to their battery drills.

Top Bottom