Fish Finders

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I’m looking for a reasonably priced easy to install fish finder to mount on my boat. It would only get used
580f7cc49c090c42415a59b4e06dd185.jpg

at Pigeon Lake

Any input would be appreciated.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most marine electronics are high priced. If you watch Kijiji or buy and sell you might find one for a decent price. $300-$500. I have a lowrance but it has navionics on it. Also when you mount your transducer travel with it in the upright position. I zip tie a beer coozy on mine for transport.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Most marine electronics are high priced. If you watch Kijiji or buy and sell you might find one for a decent price. $300-$500. I have a lowrance but it has navionics on it. Also when you mount your transducer travel with it in the upright position. I zip tie a beer coozy on mine for transport.

Great advice. Thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a garmin striker 4, cool small unit

Use it on our boat, even has a GPS and navigation screen you can mark fish, no loaded lakes on it tho

Also wanted it for boat speed, cause the leg one is way off

Real inexpensive unit, that works real well

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I bought a garmin striker 4, cool small unit

Use it on our boat, even has a GPS and navigation screen you can mark fish, no loaded lakes on it tho

Also wanted it for boat speed, cause the leg one is way off

Real inexpensive unit, that works real well

Thanks for the advice, will definitely look into it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If buying new spend the extra on a gps model and makes sure it has the lake maps. I have a Hummingbird Helix 5 works good reads depth while moving (when it’s not ripped off). Side imaging is real nice when looking for structures under the water. And it’s cheap to buy, around $400 depending on the sales you might find it cheaper.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If buying new spend the extra on a gps model and makes sure it has the lake maps. I have a Hummingbird Helix 5 works good reads depth while moving (when it’s not ripped off). Side imaging is real nice when looking for structures under the water. And it’s cheap to buy, around $400 depending on the sales you might find it cheaper.

New for sure.
After a little research I agree, I want lakes loaded even though I primarily am at Pigeon. I do want to mark locations where fish are.
Would like depth as well.
The more I look the more useful features I want and my budget continues to climb...lol

As always, you knowledge is appreciate Neil.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Explain...how did it get stolen?!?!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really depends what your looking for. Basic fish finder's are relatively inexpensive and then the price will go up from there into the thousands.
The first thing to know is how you plan on using it, if it just the purpose of seeing and finding fish then all you need is a basic finder. Any big box store will carry those units and are very simple to use.
If your down rigging then your needing a more advanced model for detailed map loading or if your wanting to tie into a auto pilot system, same deal a more advanced model.
So your budget and requirements is first thing to think about.
I have had 2 Hummingbirds, first one in my Lund and second one in my current boat. I also had a Lowrance and a Raymarine in my Bayliner Trophy. All are great units and if you buy a brand name known in the industry you should be golden. Be ware of Chinese knock off.

FYI, "EAGLE" branded finders are Lowrance budget line.

Top Bottom