First broken Matryx part on S&M!

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe helpful

"Pretty sure Vohk is claiming one of these plastic ears on the regulator can come unhooked causing fuel to leak past the o ring, giving a low fuel pressure code. From what I have seen there is more to the issue then just the regulators as many of them have been fine when taken apart. I think it is just a bad batch of pumps, a service bulletin on this would be great."

reg.jpeg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This machine had issues from the start. Drove to Chappell and proceeded 2 miles up the trail low fuel voltage on display no code. Changed plugs started then died.
I called a couple Polaris dealers and a fella in Edson told me to check the wiring harness on the left front. I checked the plugs and 1 wasn't fully seated. It clicked into place and boom it fired up. I've attached a photo of the harness. It cost me a day of riding with my kid. My Doo friends enjoyed the fact I towed it down with a 15 summit. I hope it helps someone else or an entire trip.
Yesterday the buzzing became constant and it through a low fuel pressure on the disay and bog on a couple big pulls to get out of a riding area.
Still no code but but buzz like an electric fan. I'll keep you posted.
SB
Lmfao, oh boy I bet Ken was giving ya the gears lol

Snow Bro

Reaction score
New fuel pump on order, throttle release switch and kink in cable recall to be completed.
Now just need to wait.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boys Matrix N/A Kahos had the crank bearings go at 240km. Took it to the dealership said he was number 3 for the week. Waiting for parts so who knows if it will see snow again this year. 20k 240km. Brutal Polaris just brutal.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that blows. i wonder if that's related to polaris' stop sale a few months back when they had to swap out engines due to "faulty internal engine components" which i think were bad crank bearings.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That could be what happened. He. Didn’t get anything from Polaris about the motor. He did get a notification about the throttle cable issue. Hopefully the dealership can get the parts and get him back on the snow. They have been good to deal with but rely on Polaris to have their poop together which doesn’t look like they do.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
any eta on the pump?
No ETA on the pump.
I see someone posted up a possible fix on snow west. I hope Polaris engineers can come up with a similar effective fix quickly.
The tech told me that my pump tested ok. My guess would be that its a fuel line restriction at some point in the fuel pump itself.
My sled only bogs at WOT with low fuel fuel pressure displayed, and I'm not completely convinced that a new pump is going to make the problem disappear.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ETA on the pump.
I see someone posted up a possible fix on snow west. I hope Polaris engineers can come up with a similar effective fix quickly.
Assuming that's what Muskoka Matt did, his sled seemed to work great yesterday.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boy got his sled back yesterday. Took it out today. Ran great for a while then the pump started whining by 1:30 it was full limp mode. Soon as you gave it half throttle or more it would cut out. Managed to get it down off the hill, at the dealership again. 2 trips shot with great Polaris quality. JUNK

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boy got his sled back yesterday. Took it out today. Ran great for a while then the pump started whining by 1:30 it was full limp mode. Soon as you gave it half throttle or more it would cut out. Managed to get it down off the hill, at the dealership again. 2 trips shot with great Polaris quality. JUNK
What did the dealership do to the pump pick up sock ?

Last edited:

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just dropped it off Saturday at 4 so they haven’t looked at it yet. Service guy said no Maytrix pumps available but thinks they can adapt a Axys pump to work. His is a non boost I figured the 850 Maytrix would be the same as an Axys n/a but the pumps are different. Service guy also said dyed gasoline can damage the pumps. The boy only puts Shell premium in so unless Shell is selling purple gas that’s not it. The gauge said 3/4 tank still so it’s not like he was running low and the pump was sucking air at all. He’s ready to sell it and buy a different brand. I don’t blame him.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just dropped it off Saturday at 4 so they haven’t looked at it yet. Service guy said no Maytrix pumps available but thinks they can adapt a Axys pump to work. His is a non boost I figured the 850 Maytrix would be the same as an Axys n/a but the pumps are different. Service guy also said dyed gasoline can damage the pumps. The boy only puts Shell premium in so unless Shell is selling purple gas that’s not it. The gauge said 3/4 tank still so it’s not like he was running low and the pump was sucking air at all. He’s ready to sell it and buy a different brand. I don’t blame him.
Dyed gas should not hurt anything. They need to pull the suction sock off and check the pick up tube to see if it’s collapsed like many others have done and modify the pick up for time being . I’ve got about 500 km on my n/a and no pump issue so far but I might modify that pick up sock before my next trip

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea why he said dyed gas would take out the pump. But like I said it’s never had dyed fuel and with only 280km how many litres has the pump actually pumped. Can’t be many.

Snow Bro

Reaction score
Today I called the dealership for an update on the fuel pump.
Apparently it is on its way, but no actual estimate on the date of arrival.
Tech told me that he is hopeful that the pump has an update.
I may just pick it up once the pump gets installed and sell the sled.
I was initially told that Polaris advised I was to keep riding it with the pump buzzing, bog while climbing and low fuel pressure error messages. It's not confidence inspiring in the backcountry nor is it safe. Time will tell its a shame as it is a great handling machine.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I called the dealership for an update on the fuel pump.
Apparently it is on its way, but no actual estimate on the date of arrival.
Tech told me that he is hopeful that the pump has an update.
I may just pick it up once the pump gets installed and sell the sled.
I was initially told that Polaris advised I was to keep riding it with the pump buzzing, bog while climbing and low fuel pressure error messages. It's not confidence inspiring in the backcountry nor is it safe. Time will tell its a shame as it is a great handling machine.
Did you not read the post above yours👆👆.

Top Bottom