First brand new quad

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought my first brand new quad last week, its a 2011 arctic cat 550 efi with power steering. Just wondering if anyone else has one and how they like them. Got a real good price on one and figured what the hell might as well get one seeing as we still have hardly any snow around here and I need something to do in between mountain trips.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your quad! I almost bought the same unit this summer. The 550 is a real strong unit... I had an AC 500 for 9 years and it was truely bulletproof! Just lacked on power. The 550 is considerably more powerful than the 500 in my 2002. I sprung for the T-Cat this summer, but the 550 would have been just purrrfect, the power steering on the Cats is the best system out there by the way. Enjoy!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx man I will, picking it up tomorrow afternoon, can't wait to take it for a rip, this little bit of snow we got combined with the mild temps lately should make for a good ride this weekend

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took it out for its first ride and am very impressed with it. Put on about 40+ km and had a blast, definitely worth the coin. Now all the fun starts rims and tires, pipe clutch kit, lift and a snorkel just as a start. Yet another cat to pour some money into.............. would of took some pics while I was out but my damn phone died on account of the cold... oh well

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride.
Snorkels=good.
Clutch kit=good if you're going bigger tires.
Pipe=hmmmmm, probably should have got a 700 or bigger. Pipes on the little one-lungers really just make noise. Just my thoughts on it.

Either way, you'll have fun.

What color did ya get....I want to see that new steel blue.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely only going on sound for the pipe, the thing is very quiet, not my thing. Went with green, huge fan of arctic cat green

big_bubba_b

Reaction score
i have a 700 chase 2 motobishi and i added a hmf exhaust system noticed a big improvement in performance and it rumbles verry nicely .also an air intake would be nice and if you like the big mud holes deffenetly a snorkal

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around here there is definitely some big mud so im thinking snorkel is a must, ecspecially if we get rain like last year

Top Bottom