Fire / OHV Season 2023 Part II

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bans lifted in the mountain regions and most of Southern AB as of 2:00pm. Got the alert on my phone, almost sprinted home to gas up my toys right then and there.

Not sure what map your looat but the OHV ban is still in effect in the mountains k county almost to the border.
Yes fire bans, and OHV bans have been lifted in some non forest protection areas.

I reported two hot spots smoking by range road 84 on highway 16 between Wildwood and Evansberg about a hour ago.

fc04ee7dedaaf99d4202ebf168190820.jpg

With the fire ban added.

c502e2d476a65bb7bf7cfe56a52cd367.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why could you not use a smoker? I’ve used mine about 5 times in the last few weeks

Anything charcoal.

That being said, we had a massive dump of rain the other night so I went and got a bag of charcoal. I've had enough of this fancy person indoor cooking...time to go back to cooking over coals

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what map your looat but the OHV ban is still in effect in the mountains k county almost to the border.
Yes fire bans, and OHV bans have been lifted in some non forest protection areas.

I reported two hot spots smoking by range road 84 on highway 16 between Wildwood and Evansberg about a hour ago.

fc04ee7dedaaf99d4202ebf168190820.jpg

With the fire ban added.

c502e2d476a65bb7bf7cfe56a52cd367.jpg

Use the Alberta Fire Ban app instead of the Wild Fire App. It has a much cleaner interface and you can setup alerts for yourself on specific areas.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the Alberta Fire Ban app instead of the Wild Fire App. It has a much cleaner interface and you can setup alerts for yourself on specific areas.

Interesting, seems to be a conflict of info.

Example if I use the fire ban map for the whitecourt and fox creek area, and click on it, it says central and southern Alberta in that area with no ohv ban. If I go to the wildfire app and go to the whitecourt forest area and scroll to the bottom of the information page it clearly says there is a OHV restriction. Same as the map I shared.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are looking good in our area,,, a person can give them a call

Nothing wrong with finding out if there are any particular areas exempt too whats on the web site...

Information line: 1-866-394-3473 (FYI-FIRE)

A person can ask why one web site is not in conjunction with the others with date and time when last up-dated...

Good times for sure...

May the rain gods come calling...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are looking good in our area,,, a person can give them a call

Nothing wrong with finding out if there are any particular areas exempt too whats on the web site...

Information line: 1-866-394-3473 (FYI-FIRE)

A person can ask why one web site is not in conjunction with the others with date and time when last up-dated...

Good times for sure...

May the rain gods come calling...
yes we need rain! hope ol fernie moderates his rain dance a bit, usually a monsoon erupts, and i need a snorkel! haha
an all day rain we need desperately, to snuff the fires.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you guys get all the rain you need.
looks like BC could use some too! red deer area got some a couple nights ago, could use an all day drizzle, to get some moisture to soak in! we do appreciate the rain dance, only we just never know which dance you are doing? hehe, sometimes it looks like the walking on fire rendition! haha, just kidding doug, your #1 in my books!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m ripping out the lake on the Harley. Hopefully we can have fires in Lac st Anne County this weekend.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
red deer county took fire ban off at 2 this afternoon, has some restrictions yet. but ban is off! we could use an all day soaker yet, supposed to be rain coming next day or so!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dumped out 3" of water from my wheel barrow a couple days ago from the down pour we had last week when I was away at work. Sure greened everything up. Dandelion central here now

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2df5db3675d6926c74b849aed1a8fc47.jpg

These guys were still flying around yesterday, guess the fires around minnow lake started up again in the heat. Definitely need another soaking rain, its still pretty dry out.

Looks like whitecourt forest area lifted the OHV restrictions and the fire ban yesterday, Edsons remains in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fire ban is still on in Wetaskiwin County.

Top Bottom