www.bumpertobumper.ca
Snopro? Wtf? Flamers collapse and snuffed by oil???? Hmmmm
1653629870482.png

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Get your licks in Ric. Haha all in good fun. Good luck to the oilers going forward. Last Canadian team in the game: Colorado will be tough.
All funnin', Ken ;) .... we beat the Avs one of the last games in regular season. Not too worried ;) More worried if the Blues get through

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They certainly handed it to them last night. I think that first goal in the 2:05 span rattled Smith. He has been letting some long shots in the playoffs

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think it is an impossible task for the Oilers to beat the Avalanche 4 times out of the last 5. Oilers may win one game in Edmonton. It was a good run and I am glad they made it further than Calgary. Now, where will the major changes be in the off season for these two Alberta teams?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is an impossible task for the Oilers to beat the Avalanche 4 times out of the last 5. Oilers may win one game in Edmonton. It was a good run and I am glad they made it further than Calgary. Now, where will the major changes be in the off season for these two Alberta teams?
I’m thinking Edmonton has to be running into the same issues as Calgary with cap issues? They have more stars than Calgary and it’s gonna be hard to keep them all. Read yesterday that Backlund is on the block in Calgary to free uP space for Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Flames are going to look a lot different next year experts are saying.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s with smith and him screwing with his glove all the time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a catching glove fly off like that as a former goalie and as a life long hockey fan. I wonder if he had forgot to cinch up the wrist strap?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking Edmonton has to be running into the same issues as Calgary with cap issues? They have more stars than Calgary and it’s gonna be hard to keep them all. Read yesterday that Backlund is on the block in Calgary to free uP space for Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Flames are going to look a lot different next year experts are saying.
How about you guys take Nurse....and we'll take Johnny?
or if we can't have Johnny...you still take Nurse.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How about you guys take Nurse....and we'll take Johnny?
or if we can't have Johnny...you still take Nurse.
He has made some dumb assed plays throughout the playoffs for sure. He almost seems like he doesn’t care and can’t find the playoff level that is necessary. I have been watching him quite closely and I don’t like what I have seen.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They certainly handed it to them last night. I think that first goal in the 2:05 span rattled Smith. He has been letting some long shots in the playoffs
He has made a couple mistakes but overall its not him that is losing games.

Smith aint the problem....he's a damn good goalie...problem is the defence....Oiler's defence is ineffective....practically non existent most of the time. Nurse thinks stopping a puck is just extending his arm and putting his stick in the way.....but he's the toughest guy on the ice after the whistle.

Can we make the defence sit and play with two goalies?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
He has made a couple mistakes but overall its not him that is losing games.

Smith aint the problem....he's a damn good goalie...problem is the defence....Oiler's defence is ineffective....practically non existent most of the time. Nurse thinks stopping a puck is just extending his arm and putting his stick in the way.....but he's the toughest guy on the ice after the whistle.

Can we make the defence sit and play with two goalies?
I agree. But he is contributing to the problem more so than his salary should indicate. They could really use some shot blocking practise and get right down and dirty.

Top Bottom