Final Sale payment

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He can start sending etransfer 2/3 k per day and bring half in cash and give you password when he arrives, I just did this with my sled and also with doorfx on a smaller transaction .....fffff I went to Florida to buy truck 20k np lol
as it was said cash is king,,,,,

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can call the bank to verify the authenticity of the bank draft or money order before signing title over. As always cash is king.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a issue with a bank draft myself i always get photo id and license plate to be safe tho just ask for it when they come dont mention it before hand

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could also have them both meet at the bank and have him transfer it directly into your account at the bank. I have done that too a couple times. I don't understand the issue with carrying a bunch of cash???

I did this with my Harley. Met at bank and had money direct transferred into my account.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$14,000 is a lot of cash, I wouldn’t want to be walking around with that.
$14,000?????? I thought everyone was telling you it was only worth $10,000. LOL
I would get your wife to go to the bank and watch him buy the bank draft or get cheque certified.

dano30

Reaction score
$14,000?????? I thought everyone was telling you it was only worth $10,000. LOL
I would get your wife to go to the bank and watch him buy the bank draft or get cheque certified.

Ya it’s pretty beat up, prob only worth $9500.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing that should be a red flag is if the 'buyer/scammer' is only concerned about having the transaction happen exactly the way he needs it to and there are very specific reasons why it cannot happen any other way. Meet in a parking lot, have the price worked out ahead of time, has to happen quickly on a specific time/date, doesn't ask the normal questions a diligent cheapskate used sled buyer asks that might make you lose interest in selling to him, willing to pay asking or better yet an offer of a few hundred more just for your trouble. If he seems like a person who is just trying to buy a sled for a fair price then he's probably not a scumbag.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
I like to ask for photo id and record the info on the bill of sale, if he busts out a wallet and shows me 2-3 pcs of ID that match it usually helps.

dano30

Reaction score
I like to ask for photo id and record the info on the bill of sale, if he busts out a wallet and shows me 2-3 pcs of ID that match it usually helps.

I worked it out that I can meet with him myself. So we can meet at bank then go to pick up sled.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,last kijiji deal I did,guy shows up in company pickup,hands me his business card,and has no problem with me taking a picture of his driver's license. I felt pretty confident.

lgallant

Reaction score
14,000 is a lot of cash and that is why people use bank drafts. If unsure you can always call their bank to verify the legitimacy of the draft before even accepting it. I have always used drafts and have never had an issue but I have heard of other people being burnt but I think it is pretty rare.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I just sold my truck, buyer paid with a bank draft. My bank HELD the draft and would not deposit the funds into my account until it pulled from their account. I did as much homework as I thought I needed to protect my self. But that 4 Days was AGONIZING !!!!!
As mentioned take pictures of drivers license etc. our bank manger enlightened us on how many “bank drafts” turn out to be fraudulent.
Scary as Sh/t !!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I just sold my truck, buyer paid with a bank draft. My bank HELD the draft and would not deposit the funds into my account until it pulled from their account. I did as much homework as I thought I needed to protect my self. But that 4 Days was AGONIZING !!!!!
As mentioned take pictures of drivers license etc. our bank manger enlightened us on how many “bank drafts” turn out to be fraudulent.
Scary as Sh/t !!!
Ya had the same happen. Also if your bank uses third party money orders instead of a normal draft, it can't be verified.

Sold a truck to a guy from Rocky and the credit union there uses another company for their drafts/money orders. Seemed shady but it all worked out.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Banks....there isn't any fool proof way anymore, Bank drafts can be forged, I received one, but had been told they need to be cleared, told the Customer we needed to hold until cleared, they were pissed, but no equipment left until it cleared the bank, well it didn't they had stolon the blanks from one bank and an old cheque printer from an other bank....

Cash can be counterfeit, received some of that, it gets sent to a bank and they tell us afterwards we had two $50 bills that were counterfeit, so they deduct that from our deposit, I tracked down the guy that gave them to us, I went with him to his bank, as he claimed to have gotten it from them and brought straight to us, it took him some arguing but he got his money out of them...

I like wire transfers best, but even those have risks, was told to never hand out our wiring bank info to any person or company I don't know, so for those I have the clients send their wire to the banks account care of (insert Company name)

When wiring between counties, I don't like to see money move late Thursday or Friday and defiantly not near a long weekend, wire transfer from bank to bank in Canada should take no more then a few hours, same a s Canada to US or US to Canada, but near a weekend, banks will drag their feet and not move the money till after the weekend, and they get to play with your money all weekend, do it to enough people and it amounts to a big pile of interest....

In your bank is the safest for your transaction....

Top Bottom