Final Sale payment

dano30

Reaction score
Got a buyer for my sled, but he lives in BC and I am in Slave Lake. I won’t be home when he picks up but my wife will. Is a bank draft a safe way to receive payment?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bank draft can be forged/counterfeit, my bank does not recommend accepting a bank draft. Unless the buyer and the seller are both at the bank, so the teller can actually call the bank where the draft has been issued and validate it.

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper11 is right need to be with the buyer to make sure it’s the real deal.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Certified Cheque and bank draft are now interchangeable terms. At least as far as several bankers have explained to me. I’d either ask for cash, e transfer (if they can up their limit), or have them deposit it into your account if you use the same bank. Certified cheque or bank drafts can be forged. If you willing give away your snowmobile in return for a forged document your insurance will not cover it. Maybe you want to meet the buyer at a time when you can?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only take a draft with a receipt of the transaction and business card of the teller. If you ask for that your safe. I will never take a draft without
funny thing is I bought a hot rod this summer with 22k cash and the seller wouldn't take it without getting every $100bills checked. Then he released the car.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could also have them both meet at the bank and have him transfer it directly into your account at the bank. I have done that too a couple times. I don't understand the issue with carrying a bunch of cash???

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Give him a picture of a void cheque then he can go deposit directly in your account before he pics it up
That’s how I bought the one sled I picked up in Valemount from stony Plain

Top Bottom