Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a couple feet of fresh with hard layer below . In the trees was good and lots of untouched . Had a lot of fun yesterday

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

Had a good ride on the weekend close in on Morrissey, you could still feel the old tracks in places and get bumped around a bit but it was pretty sweet overall.

Trail up was in fantastic shape...kudos to the FSA.

Attachments

• IMG_6883.jpg
    IMG_6883.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 435

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+12 by Monday and warm all next week from the look at the forcast.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found very good snow up coal creek today, no fancy camera today as I broke my steering post yesterday and was riding a loaner 18 from Ghostrider Motorsports, huge shout out to them for keeping me on the snow!!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found very good snow up coal creek today, no fancy camera today as I broke my steering post yesterday and was riding a loaner 18 from Ghostrider Motorsports, huge shout out to them for keeping me on the snow!!
Have an edjimacted guessHow many more weeks of decent access to snow is there left out in that neck of the woods ?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an edjimacted guessHow many more weeks of decent access to snow is there left out in that neck of the woods ?

Yesterday I rode from my garage in Elkford and today we rode a fresh groom from coal creek parking lot. I can't really guess at this point, should be into April for sure but I'm sure to push riding into June again this year

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I’m headed there for Saturday and Sunday. When does coal creek staging close. Hoping they are getting the snow we are around Calgary

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yesterday was a pretty good day for this time in March! Actually, an awesome day with 30-40 cm of fresh and a base of 260 cm where I probed. Rode untracked all day and it was a beauty. Fresh groom was a bonus and a huge thank you to President Dave Hozjan and his crew for the tremendous work this winter!!

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it certainly was a good day yesterday. Great conditions and awesome great people to sled with.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How many km have you put in the 850 so far this year doug!

It has been a different year Aaron. I have missed 2 months of riding which is not normal; 2 weeks in Dec/Jan due to cold weather, 2 weeks of being sick with a bad cold, and 4 weeks out on Vancouver Island. I read 1400+ yesterday, so mileage is less than half of normal. Great snow this year in Fernie and we rode fresh untracked for most of our days.

Top Bottom