Fernie Season 2021/2022

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped off on the way back from Cranbrook to check the bridge washout at Morrissey…never made it that far…to bad I didn’t have my truck instead of my minivan. View attachment 247603
Pretty sure my wife would have taken her Dodge Caravan through that......some of the ch!t she drives over you'd think it had a 12" lift and 44's......

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure my wife would have taken her Dodge Caravan through that......some of the ch!t she drives over you'd think it had a 12" lift and 44's......
LOL...no doubt.

It was accually worse than the picture looks... I had already driven through a wash that pounded the underside of the van and I promised the wife I wouldn't F it up.

Flick

Reaction score
Very unfortunate to hear all of this. Had it only been a little colder imagine how different things would be... It will be interesting to hear what the plan will be moving forward.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Very unfortunate to hear all of this. Had it only been a little colder imagine how different things would be... It will be interesting to hear what the plan will be moving forward.
Yes, that is true..............the white gold would be everywhere!!
But in the same breath, I think there would have been a lot more fatalities on the highways.

Did you guys get that.................."would have"???

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be very interested to see or hear about any other issues in the FSA managed area's. Would not surprise me at all if there is alot more that we do not know about.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to pull the atv out of the tent and cruise down Corbin way next week if the weather holds and see how things held up that way.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a post today from the city of Fernie stating that coal creek road is totally shut down for possibly months. It is heavily damaged and they need to get geo-tech people and other professionals involved. This will include the gun range and ALL other recreation activities. They now have barriers set up. Real crappy to say the least. FSA is gathering all information and is having a meeting Friday night. I assume they will make announcement sometime after that. The pictures I saw of the gun range was incredible. The creek took out the corner post of the the roof system where the people would shoot from. It appears the creek probably from the bridge down took the road out. There is other bridges farther up that nobody has talk about or probably seen yet. The timing STINKS

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped off again at Morrissey on my way back from Cranbrook.

This is the first bridge after the staging area…I’m no expert, but the bridge itself looks to be in good shape. Have no idea about the bridge at the switchbacks, that one could be trashed also.
51D40B66-084D-474A-BB03-BB0E2F2A35DC.jpeg
E817B6BF-4BCD-440D-9D97-3ACDC968B547.jpeg

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped off again at Morrissey on my way back from Cranbrook.

This is the first bridge after the staging area…I’m no expert, but the bridge looks to be in good shape. Have no idea about the bridge at the switchbacks, that one could be trashed also. View attachment 247765View attachment 247766
I'll go out on a limb and say the first pic needs some work and the second looks great lol

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you were really on the gas you might make it. LOL . Very sad to see all the damage.

Top Bottom