Fernie Season 2021/2022

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a good amount of snow riding on Tuesday and Wednesday hopefully not to cold . First time to Fernie and a cold snap happens

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove through yesterday and there wasn't much on the ground, maybe 1" in town. Didn't look like the top of the hill had got much. Ski hill says 7 cm.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything I've seen down there watching weather forecasts and seeing how little discussion there is on the conditions on social media is they are in their 2nd snow drought year in a row and this year will be another right off

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything I've seen down there watching weather forecasts and seeing how little discussion there is on the conditions on social media is they are in their 2nd snow drought year in a row and this year will be another right off
Sucks for businesses that rely on the snow and the tourists but I hope it puts a big dent in RCR's operations.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks for businesses that rely on the snow and the tourists but I hope it puts a big dent in RCR's operations.
Yep hotels, gas stations and the restaurant s gotta be hurting. I keep getting emails from the Fernie Fox hotel wondering when I am coming back? Hopefully next year they get a better start to the season.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine said this past weekend all the staging area's were plugged solid.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went last wed , had to search for a foot of fresh . The first part of the trail was poor at best because of bridge repair but you could fly down the pipeline it was so smooth and hard. Very low snow levels on the left side of the notch.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy rode the pipeline towards the notch on Tuesday, tin shack was very tin with snow but towards the notch in some areas in the trees wasn’t the best but it wasn’t terrible. Day riding always better then a work day tho lol!!!!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy rode the pipeline towards the notch on Tuesday, tin shack was very tin with snow but towards the notch in some areas in the trees wasn’t the best but it wasn’t terrible. Day riding always better then a work day tho lol!!!!
was it cold? asking cause Sparwood was -26 on Tuesday

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there on Tuesday and Wednesday it was very cold definitely needs a reload of snow trail up is good but everything else pounded out . Not worth the trip

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo how is the snow around Fernie?
Planning a weekend trip.
Any advice on snow, snow conditions would be appreciated.

ttmach1

Reaction score
Sooo how is the snow around Fernie?
Planning a weekend trip.
Any advice on snow, snow conditions would be appreciated.
Went for a full day today Best snow was just west of the notch Rolling hills is hard packed with a bit of fresh 630 pm return to coal creek was pounded whooped and sloppy. 90 km day makes that last whooped 15 km feel like hell Lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a full day today Best snow was just west of the notch Rolling hills is hard packed with a bit of fresh 630 pm return to coal creek was pounded whooped and sloppy. 90 km day makes that last whooped 15 km feel like hell Lol
So what is the best spot that is within a 45 minutes of Fernie to ride with some elevation?
7,000'ish to let the turbos work?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal creek does not sound like the place according to my cousin or is it the place to go???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the best spot that is within a 45 minutes of Fernie to ride with some elevation?
7,000'ish to let the turbos work?
Randy you made a tactical error. Probably the worst conditions in 20 years there. Not going to find a lot to challenge you at The Rolling Hills. Maybe Corbin?

Top Bottom