Fernie season 2020/2021

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Done the ride from trappers cabin to the notch with A&E boys. What a chit show. No desire to do that again. One guy broke a steering post and another his throttle. Was riding with vice grips on throttle cable. Willows scratched up everyones hoods. Bouncing through creeks and over logs. Terrible afternoon.

I did that run with Vic from Mountain memories on my 04 Rev. Was going over a snow bridge and it broke under my skis and went into open water. Held her to the pin and popped ontop of the water and rode down stream and hit another bank and it jumped out of the creek. Horse Ass luck lol.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of our best trips were winter camping at couts cabins for ten days.. between the daily shlt shows and night time poker and cabin Olympics, it was a true life memory moments, from slaying in your food booze/gas, to Barrys church wine covering the back porch from puckish, and stocking the fire up at 2am that it was 50c for top bunkers trying to sleep..

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done the ride from trappers cabin to the notch with A&E boys. What a chit show. No desire to do that again. One guy broke a steering post and another his throttle. Was riding with vice grips on throttle cable. Willows scratched up everyones hoods. Bouncing through creeks and over logs. Terrible afternoon.

I hear a little BC pin striping adds value to these new turbo doo’s! You should probably come for a ride with us Ken and I’ll help you out with this!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear a little BC pin striping adds value to these new turbo doo’s! You should probably come for a ride with us Ken and I’ll help you out with this!
HaHa I told Josh I have no interest in riding where you guys ride. Always like to know unless something totally out of the realm happens I will be in the hot tub with a cocktail waiting for my dinner reservation while you guys are in the dark trying to figure how to get out of a hole before morning light. Lol. Spent part of the night on the mountain once and learn from my mistakes the first time. HaHa!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sofa walls. Tree trail sketchy as Fawk. 1600m pull through hells gate is open option. Sketchy in but well worth it if the sisters are loaded. One of the highest risk entry zones there is.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sofa walls. Tree trail sketchy as Fawk. 1600m pull through hells gate is open option. Sketchy in but well worth it if the sisters are loaded. One of the highest risk entry zones there is.

Map of that location, sounds familiar

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SODA walls. Tree trail sketchy as Fawk. 1600m pull through hells gate is open option. Sketchy in but well worth it if the sisters are loaded. One of the highest risk entry zones there is.

Also known as the Pearly Gate...used to go that way in the old days...no more. I'll take the sketchy tree trail, thank you very much. Just another one of those Fernie area ladies rides...LOL.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvey 29 mile much better locations.

did harvey creek a few times, drive threw a campground, and then some good tree riding to a nice round basin, had to watch on the one side foe over hangs, but did climb to the top in a opening of it

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just back from Fernie. Beauty day with sun and no wind even at the notch. Problem was only 3-4 inches of fresh from the night before. Put a couple heat codes on the new turbo which is always great:rolleyes:. Needs a big dump. Lower parking lot trails from the Morrissey parking lots were muddy coming down at end of day. Watch out for the ice flow as well as didn't see it in time and spun out and slid backwards with buddy and his sled to the bottom. Bit of a rodeo if you arent expecting it. Main trails are still good and baby butt smooth as Ferniesnow says. Couldn't believe how low the snow is down there compared to previous years. When did they start grooming to the notch? That was a nice change from the normal 3 ft whoops.

ttmach1

Reaction score
Just back from Fernie. Watch out for the ice flow as well as didn't see it in time and spun out and slid backwards with buddy and his sled to the bottom. Bit of a rodeo if you arent expecting it. .

x2

Coming up to the trail head booth we had a train wreck lol We were just crawling along and didn’t have enough speed coming up the little hill on the ice and slid backwards into each other ....bodies flying everywhere...What a way to start the day lol

We enjoyed the our first day in fernie , did some small hill climbing with the boys and just enough fresh stuff on the trails to keep the temps down

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2

Coming up to the trail head booth we had a train wreck lol We were just crawling along and didn’t have enough speed coming up the little hill on the ice and slid backwards into each other ....bodies flying everywhere...What a way to start the day lol

We enjoyed the our first day in fernie , did some small hill climbing with the boys and just enough fresh stuff on the trails to keep the temps down
Were you guys the one in the new wrangler cabin eating when me and buddy were talking to you? Had a bigger guy in your group giving you guys the gears? I may have been the one talking to you?

ttmach1

Reaction score
Yip

Small world

Thanks for the tip, rode the pipeline north and found some nice spots. Both of our names are Rick , but he’s the one with the moose size head. Had to get 5xl helmet lol When we get stuck I just tie a rope to the sled and around his neck and throw a piece of jerky 10 feet away Yanks right out :d

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yip

Small world

Thanks for the tip, rode the pipeline north and found some nice spots. Both of our names are Rick , but he’s the one with the moose size head. Had to get 5xl helmet lol When we get stuck I just tie a rope to the sled and around his neck and throw a piece of jerky 10 feet away Yanks right out :d
HaHaHa! Hope he isn't on Snow and Mud!:rolling:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just back from Fernie. Beauty day with sun and no wind even at the notch. Problem was only 3-4 inches of fresh from the night before. Put a couple heat codes on the new turbo which is always great:rolleyes:. Needs a big dump. Lower parking lot trails from the Morrissey parking lots were muddy coming down at end of day. Watch out for the ice flow as well as didn't see it in time and spun out and slid backwards with buddy and his sled to the bottom. Bit of a rodeo if you arent expecting it. Main trails are still good and baby butt smooth as Ferniesnow says. Couldn't believe how low the snow is down there compared to previous years. When did they start grooming to the notch? That was a nice change from the normal 3 ft whoops.
I like that comment "baby-butt smooth"............those were the days!
Good to see Byron out riding and enjoying the sun/snow :ThumbsupMsn:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that comment "baby-butt smooth"............those were the days!
Good to see Byron out riding and enjoying the sun/snow :ThumbsupMsn:
Doug you will be proud to know that I showed him the Doug Dean trail from start to finish. As a matter of fact we were the first 2 sleighs that broke that 3" of freshy on it. HaHa!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug you will be proud to know that I showed him the Doug Dean trail from start to finish. As a matter of fact we were the first 2 sleighs that broke that 3" of freshy on it. HaHa!
That is sweet. Most definitely a great addition to the "family riding" concept of the Rolling Hills. I have a lot of fond memories of the area and the work that was done.

Top Bottom