Fernie season 2019/2020

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the $25 pass isn't just for the grooming of the trails. 2 new cabins in the last 8 years, new BBQ'S at both cabins, keeping the area's open for sledders, different events in the winter, the cost to keep the groomers going. That's just to name a few things that the passes go to and I have more. Years ago the trails were 100 times worst than any day this year.
FSA loves to charge for a bumpy trail!!!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had $5 for every time someone griped about a trail (riders in my group included).

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a head's up about the trails this past weekend. Our main guy that does most of the grooming all season had a death in the family and had to leave town last week. All the trails were groomed last night. Also I was told that the club did not charge this past weekend.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whiners...wah wah wah.

$hit happens...the trails were smooth as a baby’s bottom the weekend before...all the way to the notch.

My guess is the people that whine and complain are the same people that complain about $hiity service at a restaurant without noticing the shortage of servers...due to the fact a few people called in sick. Figure it out people, there is probably a good reason why the service is not up to par...$hit happens.

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any recent reports? Thinking of making a day trip out there tomorrow.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been cold and very windy for 2 days, not much accumulation during this period. The snow was good prior
8a246a83e198730cb845df1010bdd67a.jpg

was1

Reaction score
Was thinking of coming out tuesday, just wondering if its all tracked out and should wait

amundorsx

Reaction score
Does anybody have any riding experience in the Ram Creek Rec Site or Harvey Pass Rec Site? Trying to avoid the crowds this upcoming weekend and wanted to poll the crowd to see if it's worth the trip. All guys are mountain riders with beacons etc. looking for deep snow (goes without saying i suppose). Not looking for a guide or anything, just a yay or nay if it's worth the trip. Both areas look like a bit more trail riding than Morrisey to Wrangler cabin, so if these trails are commonly whooped out for the entire season it would be nice to know ahead of time.

PM me if you have any info - thanks

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the snow these days?

I'm off for another 10 days minimum due to forced self isolation, sooooo the bike might need to make an appearance somewhere.

Not too concerned about the trail, as the bike handles anything..... except ice lol.

Stay healthy! (And thirsty)

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are great, snow is firm and it is currently snowing and zero degrees in town.

foghorn

Reaction score
Why are you forced to self isolation. Sounds like you should just stay home.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you forced to self isolation. Sounds like you should just stay home.
Work doesn't want us to come in for 2 weeks as a precaution cuz 2 co workers were off sick last week. Negative test results. Soooo I dunno.

Pretty sure all locals should stay home too though. Can't be out infecting all those people in the backcountry while wearing masks, gloves and helmets.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Fernie locals are going to have a great week of snow . You boys have fun ... so jealous.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. My son is home from Sait and when he isn't doing e-learning we hope to ride
Looks like the Fernie locals are going to have a great week of snow . You boys have fun ... so jealous.

Top Bottom