Favorite Vacation Destination

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you like to do? Been to Maui for 5 weeks total. Do you have your motorcycle license? Any dirt bike or atv experience? I hate water so I can't help with that side of it. Check out the warren and annabelles magic show for dinner and show. Forest bumps is usually pretty good. You can rent Harleys or Arlen Ness choppers if you have a motorcycle license. See tony at skin deep if you want a g wife will have a whole list to research nowtattoo. Hana is ok if you take the west side. The "safe" way is boring. The less travelled road can be rough but travels along the ocean and has way better views and obviously less traffic.

yes i have my motorcycle license....and use to race dirtbikes but now that im almost 40 and am self employed getting injured has a whole new set of consequences now like to stick to four wheels. and i would love to get another tattoo....and our condo is right on the beach in lahaina...definately have always been one to take the "unsafe" way so ill look for the west side...appreciate all the suggestions keep them coming giving the wife a whole list to research...she like to be well prepared...g

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a travel book called maui revealed the ultimate maui guide book,get it it is great for a lot of out of the way things to see you otherwise wouldn't know about.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a travel book called maui revealed the ultimate maui guide book,get it it is great for a lot of out of the way things to see you otherwise wouldn't know about.

thanks ill send the wife to chapters

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
South Maui Choppers are the folks that rent the Ness choppers. Ill dig up a pic of the bikes we rented. They do or did have a website. It has been awhile since we rented. Cycle city is the place we rented the harleys. Last time was only a 24hr period but we have rented them for 3 day periods too. Maui Moto Adventures is the newest company I found. They will do a full or half day tour on KLR650's. You can look up Mike. He does the single track stuff near Lahaina. If you want to see some of the riding check out Accidental Broadcast on you tube. As mentioned for tattoos we have been going to Tony. He is the owner of Skin Deep in Lahaina. Go do the Feast at Lele for the best luau. We have been a few times. Little expensive but no one else compares.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics over the years...

1533934_10151854064451806_305628873_n.jpg
734952_10151212364406806_49350259_n.jpg
39747_414372356805_7770123_n.jpg
20736_233706771805_2867166_n.jpg
1974_48490001805_110_n.jpg
1974_48489996805_9773_n.jpg
1974_48489986805_9136_n.jpg

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Keith I didn't realize you weren't a water guy that would explain why you didn't like Cuba....I vacation for relaxation so it is all about beach and water with a heavy dose of of booze and food which I don't have to hunt down, pay for or cook... I can quad anytime that why I have never taken a quad tour....and they don't let you go when your drunk LOL

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the beach but as for boat tours, surfing, diving I have tried and it just isn't for us. Lots of other things to do while on land.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any where the wife's not! That's a great vacation. jS......

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still Cabo...

Cabo sucks. Can't swim in front of the resorts. Cruise ships steady blocking the view of lovers beach and thousands of people downtown when they are at anchor. And the price of everything goes up at the same time.
For Mexico I prefer Cancun or anywhere along the Mayan. Way nicer and more stuff to see and do.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabo sucks. Can't swim in front of the resorts. Cruise ships steady blocking the view of lovers beach and thousands of people downtown when they are at anchor. And the price of everything goes up at the same time.
For Mexico I prefer Cancun or anywhere along the Mayan. Way nicer and more stuff to see and do.

Some folks are just born to complain. I don't really care what you or anyone thinks of Cabo, it's MY favourite. Now I am not going to pretend to be some big wheel traveller, but I like the four hour plane ride, no time change, desert climate, best fishin and safe environment to name just a few. So what if the ocean currents are strong, I like to hang near the swim up bar. I am not a diver. Cruise ships port at ALL vacation destinations.

I don't like humidity (ala Dom Rep, Playa,etc...), long plane rides with layovers, 1.5 hour bus rides from the airport to the resort, jungle terrain, bugs...

Salud mi amigo, I'm going to book a panga to fish Gordo Banks tomorrow... Hasta Luego!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No cruise ships in the Mayan that I saw. Never saw any in Cancun either.
If you want fishing my buddy owns a boat in Ixtapa. I can hook you up. He's headed down next weekend actually. Cheap to stay there and great fishing! He also has a hook-up in Cabo if you need.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like its going to be Sicamous for a good long while. Just signed mortgage papers on a cabin! Weeeeooooo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lake Havasu, Arizona ..... No question!!!

Cozumel for beachs , and for flat out fun Cabo of course....are both in the conversation.
We will spend a lot of time in lake Havasu in the near future though.. Truly a marvel for the answer to our winters....

Last edited:
Top Bottom