Farmer talk

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched that movie this weekend. Pretty neat how they brought the soil back to life and how everything in their farm balanced out. If food costs keep rising like they are we might all be growing our own food. I don’t think it’s that far away either.
On another note anyone else hear New Zeland is planning on taxing sheep and cattle producers for the methane gas they produce? I heard it on Shay Ganum on 770 last week. Unreal how screwed this world is.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched that movie this weekend. Pretty neat how they brought the soil back to life and how everything in their farm balanced out. If food costs keep rising like they are we might all be growing our own food. I don’t think it’s that far away either.
On another note anyone else hear New Zeland is planning on taxing sheep and cattle producers for the methane gas they produce? I heard it on Shay Ganum on 770 last week. Unreal how screwed this world is.

Glad you liked it !!! If you got telus TV goto on demand and type in farm. Pretty neat shows pop up (cant remember off top of my head)
Dirt farmers is a kinda cool reality show following 2 families in manitoba

New Zealand is a joke. Dont even get me started on a country that has 4 mil people and 1.7 live in auckland ( Ilived there)

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched it aswell great show and liked the story behind it, but there had to be alot of funding there to keep that place afloat they were loosing 70% of tbere fruit crops for years and dozens and dozens of poultry. I have more faith in them tho then organic guys to each there own but so many have failed trying to do organic in our area

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New Zealand’s PM is so far left even the NDP couldn’t find her. She needs a 2x4 across the forehead

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does hurkot have to shave ??
If he was here in west central and on the east side of hwy 4. He would be
2”-4.5” in a pretty quick dump
Much less over in our neck of the woods 4 miles west. 8/10 or so and I’m quite fine with that vs the 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does hurkot have to shave ??
If he was here in west central and on the east side of hwy 4. He would be
2”-4.5” in a pretty quick dump
Much less over in our neck of the woods 4 miles west. 8/10 or so and I’m quite fine with that vs the 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting at 34mm, only 17mm more to go! Mostly been a slow gentle rain since yesterday morning which is good because I don't want the flash flood making a mess. Feed barley down 30 cents/bu yesterday.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thing to remember is they grow in cali, produce food all year. Not like us with only a few short months

Really interesting is growing food indoors, with less space https://skygreenscanada.com/

Stumbled upon them when looking at my old neighbours new venture http://strawmanfarm.com/
I actually know that guy, my brother works on his equipment. He has some very cool technology growing things in plasma
I get all my colloidals through him

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thing to remember is they grow in cali, produce food all year. Not like us with only a few short months

Really interesting is growing food indoors, with less space https://skygreenscanada.com/

Stumbled upon them when looking at my old neighbours new venture http://strawmanfarm.com/
That's really cool. 40watt energy use for each tower is basically nothing considering the plant density they achieve. Love to see a farm go into a niche market and sell a product directly to consumer instead of being farmed by the chemical/fertilizer/elevator cartel.

Last edited:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually know that guy, my brother works on his equipment. He has some very cool technology growing things in plasma

Bob and his family were the best neighbours I could have ever asked for, Parents on the other hand didn't think so haha.
They got 3 sons and the street was full of square body chevs lol. Can imagine the noise. If anyone wants to go halfsies on a cow I'm in

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's really cool. 40watt energy use for each tower is basically nothing considering the plant density they achieve. Love to see a farm go into a niche market and sell a product directly to consumer instead of being farmed by the chemical/fertilizer/elevator cartel.

If he ever answers his phone I would love to chat with him about the future of farming, considering what we were talking about. His grow op with sky greens I saw on one of those Telus videos I was tellin you about. A un used warehouse in calgary is doing the same thing right now

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 7.53.40 AM.png

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody getting some good rain out of this system? Sitting at just over 3” now but the wind can take a hike

Rn4

Reaction score
South west of Edmonton and sitting at about 2 1/4” since yesterday. Brings us up to about 3 1/2” since last Monday. Just need some heat now and stuff should take off good

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what you guys thoughts

Top Bottom