Farmer talk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
105B8360-BEA9-4466-9885-15FBB64B0ADE.jpeg
Anyone looking for a great tractor? This is my father-in-law’s tractor. Installed brand new tires just for the sale. There’s also a 02 duramax with 160000 km that is in great shape. Was my dads truck then sold to my father-in-law who sold it to Ken. So has not had a hard life. In the Ken Long estate auction.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are aways normally mich cheaper with nh3 compared to dry. We have hoppers for the sulphur and phos blends but we prepurchase our nh3 in decemeber and on a “normal” year we save quite a bit over dry
For our area aqua is the cheapest....always... then NH3. Dry is cheaper than 32. We have bounced between dry, nh3 and 32. This spring we went with dry since our new drill was set up for it. We pretty much are leaning towards 32 or dry now.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting a little rain today. Unfortunately it’s been backed off a lot from what they first said we would get. 3/10ths so far. Come on you bastard keep raining. Hope everyone south and east are getting something as well.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s becoming almost comedic how much moisture we get compared to what is forecasted in our area. My nephews agronomist told him we are 6-10 days away from writing off crops this year. This 4/10” we received will extend that somewhat but in a lot of cases our yield has already been determined and it’s only the first week in June. Today is our big rain day forecasted in the 4 day event and we are still rainless since daybreak.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
It’s becoming almost comedic how much moisture we get compared to what is forecasted in our area. My nephews agronomist told him we are 6-10 days away from writing off crops this year. This 4/10” we received will extend that somewhat but in a lot of cases our yield has already been determined and it’s only the first week in June. Today is our big rain day forecasted in the 4 day event and we are still rainless since daybreak.
Man we are getting smashed in brooks area. I think the system parked over us last night. Poured from a about 8 last night till 8 this morning. Broke for an hour then poured again till about 15min ago. Haven’t checked the gauge but has to be well over an inch so far

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man we are getting smashed in brooks area. I think the system parked over us last night. Poured from a about 8 last night till 8 this morning. Broke for an hour then poured again till about 15min ago. Haven’t checked the gauge but has to be well over an inch so far
I follow a weather kid from Brooks named Brandon Houck. He had 26mm in his gauge on west side of a brooks about 2 hours ago. Lucky guys!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure it wasn’t 4mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Positive. Guys dug outs that were empty are now overflowing on Instagram and basements are taking water. Nephew custom sprays and has a weather station showing 4.4” so far with more coming. Probably to much rain as be crops drowned and washouts

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Positive. Guys dug outs that were empty are now overflowing on Instagram and basements are taking water. Nephew custom sprays and has a weather station showing 4.4” so far with more coming. Probably to much rain as be crops drowned and washouts
Ya I’ve been watching that out my back pasture. It hasn’t moved in hours and is purple on radar. Looks like hat small area got pounded. More coming in behind it now

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just started raining here again. Supposed to get 25mm this evening. Raining hard now. We are north of the Bow pretty much straight North of Milo.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glad someone’s getting it. We are at 11mm total so far. Sucks to get it all at once and have a flooded basement. We had that happen in 2019 with 6” in a weekend.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad someone’s getting it. We are at 11mm total so far. Sucks to get it all at once and have a flooded basement. We had that happen in 2019 with 6” in a weekend.

Yeah it’s to much. Buddy just posted an empty grain bin floated out onto the road. Over 5” now and still
Raining with the storm that just got us and dropped 3/4”

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well rain event east of Milo is over for now with more Thunderstorms forecasted this afternoon. Anywheres from 5-7” of rain in an afternoon is crazy. This is my buddies place. Road out and bin moved 😳

Attachments

• 7E06B6BE-D913-4CAC-AAE2-0820D733C2F4.jpeg
    7E06B6BE-D913-4CAC-AAE2-0820D733C2F4.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 725D038E-D105-4658-B9FC-1AC3E906A831.jpeg
    725D038E-D105-4658-B9FC-1AC3E906A831.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 136

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in East and SouthEast Alberta this weekend (Friday-Sunday), did quite a bit of driving around. Saturday at like 6pm it started raining in Medicine Hat and it rained pretty hard. There might have been a few breaks but it was raining hard Sunday morning. We drove north, and it was raining hard until about Youngstown; everything north of there got no rain all weekend.

Top Bottom