Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably 80 acres? Not much of a swath. Nothing in places where the kochia really took over. He’s an idiot.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice SW wind today and my buddy the organic farmer south of me. County made him swath his chickpeas because of the out of control kochia again this year. FML.
View attachment 243215
View attachment 243217
Sorry for your luck…. Shitty neighbors make things difficult (in the country and in town).
Why would the county make him swath? I know your area…. wind blows often and strong. Wouldn’t that just ensure the weeds dry up and blow over the fence? They should’ve made him spray it and straight cut it….??

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your luck…. Shitty neighbors make things difficult (in the country and in town).
Why would the county make him swath? I know your area…. wind blows often and strong. Wouldn’t that just ensure the weeds dry up and blow over the fence? They should’ve made him spray it and straight cut it….??

Pretty hard to get kochia with chemicals. Steel seems to be the only thing that works 100%. I think heat works okay in crop but probably not registered for organic yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll never spray it unfortunately as he is organic. Its a chit show. There is a triangle in my quarter now full of kochia plants as the wind blew that is stuck in my stubble. Pretty much changes the dynamics of my crop rotation for years now. I could never grow peas or lentils there as they would never compete with kochia. Plus all my preburns will have to have a tank mix of Korrex or Heat to kill the kochia as most of the kochia in this country is now glyphosate resistant.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He'll never spray it unfortunately as he is organic. Its a chit show. There is a triangle in my quarter now full of kochia plants as the wind blew that is stuck in my stubble. Pretty much changes the dynamics of my crop rotation for years now. I could never grow peas or lentils there as they would never compete with kochia. Plus all my preburns will have to have a tank mix of Korrex or Heat to kill the kochia as most of the kochia in this country is now glyphosate resistant.
Our County Ag guy told me he has extensive files on 3 guys in our County. All organic. He says they take up the majority of his time dealing with farmer complaints over their farming practices. I don't care how you farm as long as you don't cost ME money. This guy costs me lots of money

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our County Ag guy told me he has extensive files on 3 guys in our County. All organic. He says they take up the majority of his time dealing with farmer complaints over their farming practices. I don't care how you farm as long as you don't cost ME money. This guy costs me lots of money
Ya…. I wasn’t sure if you meant he was certified organic or just joking about how shitty a farmer he was….

Organic is a scam.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya…. I wasn’t sure if you meant he was certified organic or just joking about how shitty a farmer he was….

Organic is a scam.
Yeah I agree. How many organic farmers you know have 2 JD high clearance sprayers?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$43+ for flax out here in sask Hanging on for $45
Sure glad booked fert and gly a month ago
Gly was a $3800 per tote savings today price to then. Just unreal.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is just stupid. I think it’s price gouging. Urea is double the price as last year. Can’t buy glyphosate anywhere now. With late rains a lot of guys are losing valuable nutrients and moisture to volunteer crops growing in the field and with a warm fall it will get worse.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Let’s have an SM party and collect all the tumbleweed thingys. Then we can stuff them all in his house. Hahaha

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$43+ for flax out here in sask Hanging on for $45
Sure glad booked fert and gly a month ago
Gly was a $3800 per tote savings today price to then. Just unreal.
Transorb is $13/L with most places, closer to 5850 per 450.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
China cut fertilizer manufacturing off as well as all kinds of other things in hopes to clear some smog before the Winter Olympics start. Russia also cut back on manufacturing fertilizer . That is why fert prices are crazy. Also the main ingredient in glysophate is produced in China. They are holding the world hostage. I think every country should boycott the Olympics. Sucks for the athletes I know.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Everything is just stupid. I think it’s price gouging. Urea is double the price as last year. Can’t buy glyphosate anywhere now. With late rains a lot of guys are losing valuable nutrients and moisture to volunteer crops growing in the field and with a warm fall it will get worse.
is this urea similar to def solution? I have 3 - 45 gal drums of it but its 2 years old now, what do I do to get rid of this. Accidently drive over barrels with skid steer?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this urea similar to def solution? I have 3 - 45 gal drums of it but its 2 years old now, what do I do to get rid of this. Accidently drive over barrels with skid steer?
I think its some of the same components Ron

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
China cut fertilizer manufacturing off as well as all kinds of other things in hopes to clear some smog before the Winter Olympics start. Russia also cut back on manufacturing fertilizer . That is why fert prices are crazy. Also the main ingredient in glysophate is produced in China. They are holding the world hostage. I think every country should boycott the Olympics. Sucks for the athletes I know.
Maybe North America should start some of its own manufacturing. This should be a wake up call. 2 birds.... we look after ourselves and China stops getting so rich of of us.

Top Bottom