Farmer talk

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the last shuttle of Roundup from our usual dealer, as well as the last of his Barage. He says deliveries of chemicals have mostly stopped in the last two weeks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Our Ag retailer said there are shortages on some things but so far I have been able to get everything I need. I already have all my in crop spray set aside as I heard there was gonna be shortages

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the last shuttle of Roundup from our usual dealer, as well as the last of his Barage. He says deliveries of chemicals have mostly stopped in the last two weeks.
Talked to my son who works for Nutrien. They have 300 in stock if you can get it across the line. Lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are things looking out there? We are finally getting a little bit of rain today. Crops look generally good for the most part. The dryland really needed some moisture. We have 315ac of durum that has about 10ac of wireworm damage. Most in crop spraying is done, just have to do the 2nd pass of roundup on canola. Weather has been challenging for spraying.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just started getting some light rain an hour ago Johnny. Crops look good thanks to that 1.25" rain a couple weeks ago. We could stand a couple inches to get some reserve moisture again. Only my peas sprayed so far. Lumiderm treated canola is looking great but some flea beetle damage where we weren't able to use it

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I’d come here and ask the experts.
I planted my first to me garden this spring and I’d like to know your thoughts on watering?
First thing in the morning, mid afternoon or supper timeish?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it’s beginning… Bayer glyphosate brands rt540/transorb/weathermax went up 19% yesterday.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it’s beginning… Bayer glyphosate brands rt540/transorb/weathermax went up 19% yesterday.
Bought a jug Monday for my kid to use on his property. Last year $60 and $74 this year. Must be still trying to pay for the formula? 🤨

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a jug Monday for my kid to use on his property. Last year $60 and $74 this year. Must be still trying to pay for the formula? 🤨
Yeah and not to mention glyphosate is becoming a completely useless chemical by itself.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows everyone making out with their in crop spraying this spring with all this wind? Jaysus what a pain where I'm at.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows everyone making out with their in crop spraying this spring with all this wind? Jaysus what a pain where I'm at.
I was out yesterday helping the renter get all his spraying done, he managed to get it all done well it was relatively calm

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just finished 2 days ago but it was a long process between the wind, the heat, morning dew, and cold nights. Dry land crops are under a lot of stress at the moment.

Top Bottom