Farmer talk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to farmer talk.....the coop is still spreading dry fertilizer and putting on anhydrous. Nice to be done. Normally we would just be finishing this week or next!

Sent while not working too hard

And when i say "we" im talking just getting done with harvest!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hauled grain for a farmer a week ago who still has 800 acres left to combine. It's all under snow.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:Does anyone know of a website to troubleshoot a Moridge Grain Dryer?Damn thing worked fine last fall now its giving me grief and I don't have a manual for it!Thanks any help will be appreciated!!

theseeker

Reaction score
:beer:Does anyone know of a website to troubleshoot a Moridge Grain Dryer?Damn thing worked fine last fall now its giving me grief and I don't have a manual for it!Thanks any help will be appreciated!!

I don't know how different the moridge is from a GT but you could have a look at the GT website there is manuals for all their dryers on their website. I also have a problem with mine that I can't quite pinpoint, I believe its one of the timers for the burner or the relay is getting weak. The burner lights for ten seconds then goes out but Ive sorta bypassed it by pulling apart the relay and holding the little switch down until the low temp shutdown light turns off then it runs fine.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol its the running joke around here. The life of a dryer...........salesman sells it and the rest is up to the farmer.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were done a long time ago. Wasn't a whole lot left too do. Great white combine destroyed basically everything we had, Corn was the only thing that came off decent.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were done a long time ago. Wasn't a whole lot left too do. Great white combine destroyed basically everything we had, Corn was the only thing that came off decent.

Interesting, you grow corn? When exactly you from again?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brooks about an hour north of Taber and hour and a half south of underdog. All our corn is silage corn for our feedlot.

Oh....that makes sense with the feedlot. Although i didnt realize they grew much corn that far north

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't grow corn where I'm at, but by Brooks and taber, its a different growing season.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a moridge 450? , have the manual, send me a pm and we can arrange sending it to you if it will help.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find out my problem with my dryer!Had a bit of a brain fart when I switched tractors on it!I had my JD 4020 (24 volt,2 12volt battery system) on it and then I put my JD 4640 (12 volt,2 6 volt battery system) on and the problem started!Sat down with a cocktail and realized I had the cables from the dryer on the wrong side so I was only drawing 6 volts!!One of those times when you over think the problem and it's the smallest dumbest thing that gets overlooked!!Thanks for the pointers though!!Probably wasted more time googling for tips on the internet than it took to just simplify the problem and fix it!Thanks again!

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just returned from a trip to the Bourgault factory, courtesy of my dealer Waskatenau motors. I now understand why my old equipment looks so good. The factory tour is just awesome and I encourage everyone to get their local dealer to plan a trip to the factory.

Bottom line, buy Canadian!

Top Bottom