Farmer talk

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if it would be a good idea to get an extra shuttle of Roundup on hand for next spring. There's only one to be had in the area, and it's $9000US.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if it would be a good idea to get an extra shuttle of Roundup on hand for next spring. There's only one to be had in the area, and it's $9000US.
Its scarce up here as well. My nephew has already ordered most of his chemicals including glyphosate for next year to guarantee delivery. He is worried they are going to run short on some things. Already sold out of L233P Invigor Canola in Alberta.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its scarce up here as well. My nephew has already ordered most of his chemicals including glyphosate for next year to guarantee delivery. He is worried they are going to run short on some things. Already sold out of L233P Invigor Canola in Alberta.
Have heard L340 is sold as well, and Pioneer Hi Bred are short supply canola seed because of production issues 50%+ cut.
Liberty went up 25% as well along with round up 2x y/y.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard L340 is sold as well, and Pioneer Hi Bred are short supply canola seed because of production issues 50%+ cut.
Liberty went up 25% as well along with round up 2x y/y.
I just ordered L340 because no 233. Nutrien still had some my manager said

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bayer is sending out notices on certain chemicals that if you didn't have more than 125ml of rain that you can't seed canola next season because the residues won't be broken down.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bayer is sending out notices on certain chemicals that if you didn't have more than 125ml of rain that you can't seed canola next season because the residues won't be broken down.
Yeah I got that letter. Mine was from BASF though

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s totally changed our cropping plans. We had to do a major shift in what our cropping plans have now become

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a certain amount of panic buying factoring into these shortages . Too some extent we are helping create the current shortage! Re toilet paper
I usually order my canola by now but have never pre ordered chemical. For the most part pricing on it stays pretty steady so no need to pre buy.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually order my canola by now but have never pre ordered chemical. For the most part pricing on it stays pretty steady so no need to pre buy.
Going to drop some canola on pea stubble after talking to BASF rep this morn, likely a good thing, I keep trying to flog that horse but I'm always disapointed and swear I'll never do that rotation again so this year the decision is made for me! There's 600 acres of canola seed up for grabs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to drop some canola on pea stubble after talking to BASF rep this morn, likely a good thing, I keep trying to flog that horse but I'm always disapointed and swear I'll never do that rotation again so this year the decision is made for me! There's 600 acres of canola seed up for grabs
What kind? Will send anyone your way if I hear of anyone looking?

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger. My son also got the seed for next spring allocated. It's all grass, alfalfa and forage, though. He already planted 1500 acres of triticale for extra hay and grazing. I'm sure grain farmers think we're nuts. lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger. My son also got the seed for next spring allocated. It's all grass, alfalfa and forage, though. He already planted 1500 acres of triticale for extra hay and grazing. I'm sure grain farmers think we're nuts. lol.
Hey we have guys with alfalfa under pivots up in my area. Feed is gold with the drought we had.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fert- Home
Chemical- Home
Wheat seed in the bin.
Canola seed should be delivered to the farm next week.

Shitty crop this year and zero sub soil moisture for next year.

Dice rolled.
Wow good for you, who the heck had 2022 canola seed / germ confident. Or did you just risk buying old stock?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Todays pricing in Lethbridge area...

N $1263/ton
P $1344/ton
K $1075/ton

Roundup is $14/L.

Think we will hit $1500/ton N by the spring?

Top Bottom