Farmer talk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where seed hawk came from. Only 1 in
Wasn't sure where seed hawk came from. Only 1 in area.
Seedhawk and seedmaster were brothers went seperate ways its crazy how much agricultural stuff is manufactured in sask, doepker, loadking trailer michaels tarps westfield augers n now grainmax all the major drill companies in little towns in sask backbone for alota of towns

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seedhawk and seedmaster were brothers went seperate ways its crazy how much agricultural stuff is manufactured in sask, doepker, loadking trailer michaels tarps westfield augers n now grainmax all the major drill companies in little towns in sask backbone for alota of towns
Saskatchewan people are entrepreneurs. Invent stuff in farm shop during the day and curl during the night. Lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to farm with seedhawk and morris paired row we been seeing to much dirt throw and hard starting canola with the morris this is our first year with the hawk again, seed placement is awesome the drill itself is built very weak and requires lots of re tightning love the new icon tank extremely accurate but if the crop comes uo good ill be happy to tighten bolts and weld. 90-95 percent drills in our area are either hawk or master, we may loose a little yeild on cereals since we were 8 inch space with paired row but not much

Welding and bolts loosening off.. not something I was wishing for.. and specific areas that are cracking?

Went with the xl frame and was told the cracking was fixed up back in 16

Hawks are selling a two to 1 at local dealer, for a lot less cost

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seeded shallow at 5lbs/ac and irrigated. Also using a flexicoil cart so I have the fan blowing some seed past the rollers.

Yes makes sense, I use to have the same tank and seeding canola it took me most of the ac to dial it in.. meter would be 2 lbs to get 5 actual

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welding and bolts loosening off.. not something I was wishing for.. and specific areas that are cracking?

Went with the xl frame and was told the cracking was fixed up back in 16

Hawks are selling a two to 1 at local dealer, for a lot less cost
The slim frames are pretty good the xls are hit and miss my 18 slim frame had extra guessets put in but i found a few snall cracks i need to adress the welding from the factory is poor if u fix it properlly no more issues but the bolts are on the opener assembly and pcker wheels always tightning them but wjen i set the drill and dig and seed is always in a good spot even on this tough year i will gladly fix the thing

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your pic was stolen?:ROFLMAO:

Stupid Facebook links.

Here. Lol
IMG_2257.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-4 on peas and lentils only for a hr or two are not kind over may long.. took some money out of the ag for sure, hope all comes back, lots of field scouting going on our way
IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my agronomist looking at mine tomorrow now that the fields are drying up. Lowest I saw was -2 when went to bed one night but was +1 at 4am.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my agronomist looking at mine tomorrow now that the fields are drying up. Lowest I saw was -2 when went to bed one night but was +1 at 4am.

Guess it never made it to -4, but close and not long..

View attachment 236456

View attachment 236457

Something going on goofy with the site, but a picture of our nightly low of 3.5 for two hrs about

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just hauling to Grassey, see some damage here as well, be more evident this week with heat

From dr Ross mackenzie

The frost has really hit them hard!! But - be very patient - both peas and lentils have nodes below the soil surface. It is very unlikely the nodes would have been affected by the frost. Regrowth will come from the nodes but it will take time for the regrowth. In a few days dig up plants to check for regrowth. About 90% of the time you are better to wait for regrowth versus reseeding. Good luck! Keep me posted!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only apologized because it made them look bad in the community but they will still teach our kids crap like that behind closed doors they should try just teaching and not try to be environmental or political people
Ohh absolutely, noone will be held accountable for that.

And that's the problem nowadays, the school districts are far more concerned about the desired "outcomes". How many students pass/graduate that they have now changed the system so that its outcome first, education second.

People that know nothing other than being education are out of touch with reality in many many ways. There are some exceptions but most are like this and the teachers unions promote it like crazy.

Then you have all the younger people in their 20's getting into teaching, well they have been taught to be an activist for everything that isnt pro big government and are now teaching it.

I would not be surprised to see more parents with some sense looking into private schools in the not so distant future.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Ok, back to farming kids.
In BC, the weather has been weird. It was warm in April and minimal rain. Some trees bloomed because of the warmness. Despite the odd weather, hay farmers are on their second cut.
In May it will be sunny and hot for a day, then overcast and then rain. It’s hard for crops to get growing. There’s a warm, dry streak coming up this week so hopefully that’ll give all growing things a boost.
A lot of indoor weed farmers are shutting down cuz prices are low, almost below cost of production.
I heard outdoor plants are behind as well. Sometimes it’s a good thing so the plants won’t get so tall and stretchy. Tall is not always best. The plant below is about a three weeks old, been transplanted once I am told. Cheers farmers!

Attachments

• 0D743327-8EA4-483B-9DD1-8FF98C11F02E.jpeg
    0D743327-8EA4-483B-9DD1-8FF98C11F02E.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Top Bottom