Family Rigs

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are trying to decide if we should get something that will work for now, or just wait until THE ONE comes along......it's the price tag that comes along with it thats the hard part. I just thought that one without the wall might have more room to work with, but I wanted to ask someone who has tried it. Then we would for sure put a deck on the truck. But if we just tent it.......that solves the problem...........

What ate u looking for tho.

Our old trailer is for sale. 3 bunks with private room for the kids. Major storage.
Extra built hitch on the rear for toys on a tag trailer or bikes ect at the lake.
There's so much storage we where ready to go out west or the lake with out packing a thing.

sent from my htc

crp

Reaction score
What ate u looking for tho.

Our old trailer is for sale. 3 bunks with private room for the kids. Major storage.
Extra built hitch on the rear for toys on a tag trailer or bikes ect at the lake.
There's so much storage we where ready to go out west or the lake with out packing a thing.

sent from my htc
That's sort of why I started this thread, I wanted to know who has tried what, and what works best. The toyhaulers I have found for us that would work in a 5th wheel would be 50+. And even still I would be afraid that when Brody is ready to trade the 90 for a 200 we would be screwed. Ryan (husband) likes the idea of a 5th with a trailer behind, but there again it's a little worrisome that we would have that big of a trailer back there.

What are you looking to get out of your old trailer? How many machines did you pull behind it?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the length of trailer behind [ total legal length ] that limits ... well unless ur like lots that are 3 or 4 feet over ... my truck is a crew cab long box , 33.5 5th wheel , and 14 foot sled trailer [ with 2 full size machines and 2 med kids quads on tag trailer ] ... 1 foot from being over length ....

looking for 22500.00 for it and its in the classifieds in the trailer section ... bought it new in 07 for just shy of 56000.00 lol ...its all wired and hitch at the back mounted ready to go ...

pulls awsome [ trailer is 8000 lbs dry with 1300 hitch weight ] and with the tag trailer takes some of the hitch weight off so it pulls even better ....

it works awsome as a set up ... pulls nice and don't flop around like lots of others i have seen [ mabe due to there set up and loading ] ...

my wife decided she didn't want to quad anymore and so did my daughter .... so now the tag trailer is 1/2 empty ... so we dedcided to buy a toy hauler .. cause its just my quad and boys quad or bike ...

there is draw backs both ways but more plus's with the tandam set up ... cause u can go get a broken quad or trailer quads somewhere else [ like a short drive to meet someother group ] , empty trailer deck is like a patio or big table lol ....

draw back sometimes is parking a tandam .... but just unhook the trailer and park the 5th wheel ...

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the length of trailer behind [ total legal length ] that limits ... well unless ur like lots that are 3 or 4 feet over ... my truck is a crew cab long box , 33.5 5th wheel , and 14 foot sled trailer [ with 2 full size machines and 2 med kids quads on tag trailer ] ... 1 foot from being over length ....

looking for 22500.00 for it and its in the classifieds in the trailer section ... bought it new in 07 for just shy of 56000.00 lol ...its all wired and hitch at the back mounted ready to go ...

pulls awsome [ trailer is 8000 lbs dry with 1300 hitch weight ] and with the tag trailer takes some of the hitch weight off so it pulls even better ....

it works awsome as a set up ... pulls nice and don't flop around like lots of others i have seen [ mabe due to there set up and loading ] ...

my wife decided she didn't want to quad anymore and so did my daughter .... so now the tag trailer is 1/2 empty ... so we dedcided to buy a toy hauler .. cause its just my quad and boys quad or bike ...

there is draw backs both ways but more plus's with the tandem set up ... cause u can go get a broken quad or trailer quads somewhere else [ like a short drive to meet someother group ] , empty trailer deck is like a patio or big table lol ....

more like a big work bench for kawasaki's. hehe

every setup has it's plus or minus, you need to decide what ya can live with or can't live without. beer fridge is a necessity

• Thanks
Reactions: crp

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
That's sort of why I started this thread, I wanted to know who has tried what, and what works best. The toyhaulers I have found for us that would work in a 5th wheel would be 50+. And even still I would be afraid that when Brody is ready to trade the 90 for a 200 we would be screwed. Ryan (husband) likes the idea of a 5th with a trailer behind, but there again it's a little worrisome that we would have that big of a trailer back there.

What are you looking to get out of your old trailer? How many machines did you pull behind it?

I think you would be wise to have a look at the unit Tex is selling, though I've never seen it in person it sounds to be pretty close to what you are looking for... the thread for it is here:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How about a motorhome, and pull a trailer behind? My parents are selling their 36' Damon Intruder for crazy cheap....$13,500. No slide, but lots of options....and only 95,000km. I threw this out there a while back, but didn't have a chance to take pictures or what not. They put over $13,000 into it a couple years ago, and it hasn't been used since. It's not perfect, but it's worth a lot more than what we're selling it for.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about a motorhome, and pull a trailer behind? My parents are selling their 36' Damon Intruder for crazy cheap....$13,500. No slide, but lots of options....and only 95,000km. I threw this out there a while back, but didn't have a chance to take pictures or what not. They put over $13,000 into it a couple years ago, and it hasn't been used since. It's not perfect, but it's worth a lot more than what we're selling it for.

the one problem with a motor house and a quad trailer behind is if some thing happens, for got some thing , or a kid get hurt ect... ur either packing it up to go or bringing a 2nd vehicle and defeats the purpose of one rig .... we thought of it but quite a bit but the family camps and i just drive back and forth ... so no 2 cars

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you would be wise to have a look at the unit Tex is selling, though I've never seen it in person it sounds to be pretty close to what you are looking for... the thread for it is here:

thanks dude .... wasn't sure how to do that ... other wise i would have

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a side note about my old trailer I might be inclined to deliver it most of the way if a bank draft is good.

sent from my htc

Bandit_750

Reaction score

is it online?

crp

Reaction score
So much to think about!!!! We have also thought about the motorhome, it has lots of pros and cons too! The kids would be a little more comfy traveling, and it just makes it easier, but if we want to pull the boat in and out of the lake that means moving the living facility too! Also good point about the emergency thing...hope it never happens BUT it is something to keep in mind. I don't know what we will do....but you guys are awesome for all the advice! I appreciate it!

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's our new one picked it up in the US brand new for $13,500 weighs 4300lb and works perfect for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tend to overpack a bit, so this is the only way we can get it all out on one vehicle... the wife's Ranger, one kid's 50 dirtbike, and my dirtbike go in the toyhauler.

JESUS you must have fun with that in a provincial or koa campground!!!! Ever wonder why that axle isn't further back???

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE RUN A 30'TT Attitude by eclipse fits rhino run up to kitchen with 2quads parked side by side behind it works very well and we love the open plan as far as slide outs go 1 in master bedroom would be fine however if anywhere else it cuts into your carring capacity when rigged out

Top Bottom