F1 Metal Polish

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Hi,

About 15 years ago, I picked up a sample of F1 Ultimate Metal polish at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. When I tried to order some, I couldn't get thru to the phone number on the bottle and letters to the address went unanswered. I think the company name on the bottle was Oasis Truck Stop or something like that.

Over the years, I've tried to find some F1 polish off and on and recently found it in a catalog from Sapphire, at least it has the same name logo and fonts although its now clear pink rather than milky white. But Sapphire only sells wholesale by the case in Canada. I'm in Arizona and just need a bottle for personal use. The little sample bottle lasted me almost a year. Here is a pic of the sample: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Last week I stumbled on a reference to F1 Metal polish in a 2 year old post here in these forums where a member named boydo says he is the manufacturer. I PMed and emailed him and got no response but since his post was 2 years old, he may not even visit these forums anymore.

I'm hoping some of you may know a retail source, preferably in the US to avoid customs hassles. Or maybe some of you know boydo and know a way to contact him.

Thanks

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered 1 bottle from Edmonton, Alberta. I believe it was from sapphire distributor. You should be able to do the same.

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
I ordered 1 bottle from Edmonton, Alberta. I believe it was from sapphire distributor. You should be able to do the same.

Thanks. I had called Sapphreab.com in Edmonton twice on different days and both people I talked to said they would only sell a case. It sounds like I just need to get to the right person. I'll try again tomorrow.

They told me they sell it to all the Peterbuilt shops and to buy it from them. I called several in the US but it turns out Sapphire only sells to Peterbuilt shops in Canada. That may be my next step.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks. I had called Sapphreab.com in Edmonton twice on different days and both people I talked to said they would only sell a case. It sounds like I just need to get to the right person. I'll try again tomorrow.

They told me they sell it to all the Peterbuilt shops and to buy it from them. I called several in the US but it turns out Sapphire only sells to Peterbuilt shops in Canada. That may be my next step.

So where are you? Might be able to point you in the right direction in reguards to a truck dealership who sells it. Stahl Peterbuilt and Greatwest Kenworth dealers in Alberta handel the product.

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
So where are you? Might be able to point you in the right direction in reguards to a truck dealership who sells it.
I'm in Arizona. That would be great to find a local source.

I guess the scarcity of this stuff shows how hard it is to get a product on retail shelves without huge marketing campaigns. Because this stuff is a LOT better than any of the polishes sold in auto parts or big box stores or major internet stores. Makes you wonder if there are even better polishes that you also can't find. LoL. Every time I finish a bottle of something else, I look for this stuff again and have been doing that for 15 years.

f650

Reaction score
peterbuilt in edmonton alberta sell it in three grades fine medium course

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
I see he was on yesterday.
He didn't answer my PM from last week. I don't know if he didn't see it or no longer is involved with it. I sent him an email at the same time as the PM. In his 2 year old post, Boydo mentioned his company. They don't have a web site but I found them in a business directory. I couldn't get thru by phone to anyone and no answer to email sent thru that directory service. So they probably have closed shop or moved. Since Sapphire still carries this in their catalog someone must still be making it.

Anyone see today's Dilbert animation? The boss announces he fired the sales department and will rely on potential customers driving to their warehouse and begging to buy their products. I didn't know Dilbert's company made Ultimate F1 Metal polish. LoL.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2143.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah, rub it in!!!

careful, you could blind someone with that pic. I had to look at it thru a pin-hole like for a solar eclipse. LoL

I understand, they are going to replace the Hubble telescope with one using a mirror made from a cast-iron stove polished with F1.

Last edited:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Peterbilt Calgary has some.Or did last year.If your not in a big hurry i will stop buy and get you one when im in the area and mail it out to you.But you can't be in a big hurry for it. LOL Let me know if you didn't get some.Its a 25 min drive for me to get it if im not in the area.....

Top Bottom