Extending Ski-doo BEST Warranty

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to call the finance person at your local dealer. I believe it varies with each year and model. My sales guy said he thought it was roughly $1200 per year for mountain sled but wasn't 100%.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sales guy figures 1800 for the turbo sleds but je was not sure himself as ill be looking to add aswell if sled holds up well, u have up untill your warrentty is about to run out he said

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh doo tell ? Never heard of many aftermarket warranties being anything but a pain in the ass to deal with .

You will have to contact your dealer. I have not heard anything bad about the aftermarket warranty from the guys I know that got it. One guy had a engine replacement covered. I never asked what company it was.

Edit. What I ment about no questions asked, they don’t require a “buds” report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You will have to contact your dealer. I have not heard anything bad about the aftermarket warranty from the guys I know that got it. One guy had a engine replacement covered. I never asked what company it was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was Teth-Air I believe, (holy shiy, my memory works some days, just not spelling for ans old sheit. lol. bwhaa.!)

Here is some old threads on warranties.......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could give some advice on aftermarket warranties is read over your contract from front to back carefully and if you have an issue with your sled make sure your dealer doing the work knows the procedure before working on it. A lot of dealers don’t know proper procedure with different companies and may for example not request to tear down an engine before getting approval to do so. I had a gent in my shop years ago that ran into that and was denied warranty at another dealer and had me try to rectify it for him but I wasn’t able to. It was kind of a bad deal because he was a regular customer of mine but I couldn’t get him the unit he wanted so he bought it elsewhere. Just follow the procedure and aftermarket warranties can be good.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure save your money and just buy that engine when the time comes if it does. I have done it a few times and the manufacturer reman engine wasn't that expensive. The R&R isn't that hard

If you sell it discount the price accordingly to the kms on it and be done with it

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of my take on it . By the time you buy a warranty you've probably have paid for half the motor . Warranty companies are also in the business to make money so I'm sure they have the math figured out .

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone in to price out ext warranty for my 21 turbo and it’s $1500 plus tax for a full year. I also priced out an engine for that sled, it’s $7800.00 with the turbo so a no brainer to me.
can get a shortblock for 3200 or so, so if a crank bearing goes why a new turbo? Chances are it has 6000k or more on it at that point so likely replaced sled before then anyway

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can get a shortblock for 3200 or so, so if a crank bearing goes why a new turbo? Chances are it has 6000k or more on it at that point so likely replaced sled before then anyway

if anything breaks off the engine internally it will also take out the turbo. When a 2 stroke gives it up there's a very high probability something is exiting the exhaust LOL

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anything breaks off the engine internally it will also take out the turbo. When a 2 stroke gives it up there's a very high probability something is exiting the exhaust LOL
I see. Never thought of that.

I havent had an engine fly apart yet lol I guess they are only good for a dozen or so rides and time for a replacement

wish ya would have told me that before I ordered one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put another 3 years aftermarket on my 2020.5 T. Starts when my BEST runs out Jan 17 and goes until Jan 17 2026. You have to do it a minimum of a month before your warranty runs out or there is an extra charge. She was $3000 + GST and I just went into Riderz and they know exactly how it all works. Super quick and easy to do. Also well worth the peace of mind and makes resale of these turbos actually possible. I know I will never ride one without warranty. The aftermarket warranty actually covers more than the BRP BEST. Yep; clutch rollers were replaced and would have been covered if I was on my aftermarket warranty rather than still being on BEST.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put another 3 years aftermarket on my 2020.5 T. Starts when my BEST runs out Jan 17 and goes until Jan 17 2026. You have to do it a minimum of a month before your warranty runs out or there is an extra charge. She was $3000 + GST and I just went into Riderz and they know exactly how it all works. Super quick and easy to do. Also well worth the peace of mind and makes resale of these turbos actually possible. I know I will never ride one without warranty. The aftermarket warranty actually covers more than the BRP BEST. Yep; clutch rollers were replaced and would have been covered if I was on my aftermarket warranty rather than still being on BEST.
If you were to sell the sled, is the warranty transferable?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago before the turbo came to be guys were begging the manufacturers to build a turbo and people would buy it even if it didn’t come with warranty. Now it’s unsellable after the warranty expires. 🤦‍♂️

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's just a group of peeps that aren't ever going to be happy no matter what happens. I don't want to snow check, I don't want to pay for warrantee, I don't need warrantee why am I paying for it. Then there's the other group, who snow-check, rip it up all winter bragging about great their sled is no matter what is wrong with it.

Top Bottom