Expert vs X/SP

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
Currently have a 2018 SP 154 850, upgrading this year to a one or two year used sled. Would be going to a 154 again, either 2.5 or 3". Ride mostly in BC but also do put some miles on in the prairies.

Does the short tunnel, shock package and what not make a noticeable difference on the expert? Does anyone have trouble with cooling compared to a longer tunnel model?
I guess I'm wondering if its worth it to get an expert over an SP/X if I still do some riding in Sask. Also not sure about the smaller seat/short tunnel for wheeling over backwards in the prairies.

Also if anyones got something coming up for sale with low mileage let me know

Thanks

fitzpatrick1

Reaction score
Where do you ride most of the time? If it is on the flats on the prairies then i would go SP. if you go to mountains all the time then you will notice the difference with an expert.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a 2018 163 Summit X to a 2020 163 Expert to a 2021 163T Expert. If you plan on doing much sit down/trail riding stick with the non Expert models. Between the shortened tunnel, smaller seat and handle bars the Expert is a mountain specific sled that isn’t that comfortable on the flats and can be a challenge to keep cool in certain conditions.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a 2018 163 Summit X to a 2020 163 Expert to a 2021 163T Expert. If you plan on doing much sit down/trail riding stick with the non Expert models. Between the shortened tunnel, smaller seat and handle bars the Expert is a mountain specific sled that isn’t that comfortable on the flats and can be a challenge to keep cool in certain conditions.
Very well said!

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
Quite a noticeable difference though in deep stuff/steeper terrain?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd also go with the 2.5" track if you're going to be riding a fair amount of trails/flat terrain, the 3" paddles are known to break off when racing down the flats and trails.

Top Bottom